Treadmill Noise Reduction Mats???

Options
I need help! I am thinking of purchasing a treadmill as I am a stay-at-home mom, college student, my husband always has our vehicle because of his schedule, and that results in me ALWAYS having our son. This has resulted in me not being able to go to the gym in over two months. My only enjoyable gym activity is a treadmill. The problem is...we live in an upstairs apartment. Well, I have already spoken to our neighbors and they are fine with it as long as I use it after 12pm and before 5pm and I am going to try any way to reduce noise and vibrations. I am completely new to this so I have no clue what is best to use to do this!!! Any help? I need something that is very well at reducing noise and vibration in very crappy and cheaply built military apartments. So, it needs to be good. lol I have also found this, http://www.amazon.com/Pack-Anti-Vibration-Rubber-isolation/dp/B00B6JUPN6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1396142166&sr=8-3&keywords=treadmill+pads#productDescription , but am unsure of how to do it and if this would be the best? Do you just line all the pads up and put the treadmill on them? What stops them from moving or the treadmill from being unsteady? How many pads would I need for this, http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pro-Form-520-ZN-Treadmill/21564923 , treadmill? Any help or advice would be great!!!

Replies

• MallieRose91
    MallieRose91 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    No one? :/
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I do work out DVDs.... and have no neighbors. However it seems you have it all set. Buy it and use it between 12 and 5pm.
  • JCLondonUK
    JCLondonUK Posts: 159
    Options
    I don't have a treadmill at home, so can't help specifically with that, but I do have a drum kit (electronic, which I play with headphones) and a grumpy downstairs neighbour, so I use a mat designed for drums, and it works to reduce the thud of the beater on the bass drum. Might help? They're not too expensive, and available from any music shop.