where did my butt go? :(

Options
I don't know if its from the weight loss or from sitting so much to study, but i feel like my butt is disappearing. Do squats actually make a difference?

Replies

• NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    This thread would be easier to diagnose with pics.
  • JodieSmith15
    JodieSmith15 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    you betcha. my weight has fluctuated a lot and in the past when losing weight my butt would pretty much deflate. since february 1st ive been doing a lot of strength training and i do squats every workout and my butt has lifted and looks rounder and fuller. squats make a huge impact i promise. you'll love the results.
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    X3Skxfq.gif
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Squats! Squats! Squats!
  • ccmzone2013
    ccmzone2013 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Squats ROCK!

They take a 4x Pants to a Medium

Keep it going!

Before you know it it will disappear then turn into muscle!
  • cindym29
    cindym29 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    squats, butt kicks and what we call "fire hydrants" where you get on your palms and knees and with your leg bent 90 degrees, lift it out to the side. they killllll.
    also hips raises!!
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Kind of.

If you're trying to build your butt, you need to isolate the glutes.

Hip thrusts, bridges, etc. need to be in your routine.
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I'm definitely going to add those extra exercises in :)
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Yes squats. And lunges.
    I have also found that the back extension machine at my gym works my glutes really well too.
    Oh, and if you're sitting down a lot you can do random butt squeezes throughout the day as well.
  • JodieSmith15
    JodieSmith15 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    squats, butt kicks and what we call "fire hydrants" where you get on your palms and knees and with your leg bent 90 degrees, lift it out to the side. they killllll.
    also hips raises!!

my trainer describes it as a dog peeing on a fire hydrant...if that helps with the visual! lol very effective though good recommendation!!!
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Hip thrusts!! Squats are always a go-to to build glutes, but I have found hip thrusts, to be more effective. Here is a link that was very helpful for me

http://bretcontreras.com/tag/hip-thrust/

And this one

http://bretcontreras.com/a-squat-devotee-no-more/
  • tierra85
    Options
    Yes squats. And lunges.
    I have also found that the back extension machine at my gym works my glutes really well too.
    Oh, and if you're sitting down a lot you can do random butt squeezes throughout the day as well.

omg hahaha i wonder if anyone will notice me squeezing my butt during class. I'm going for it..
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I think I may have found it on me .... LOL LOL
  • tierra85
    Options
    These work outs look so intense! It's going to hurt to sit down and get back up, that's for sure lol