Polar FT4 help

Options
I recently replaced the battery in my Polat FT4 watch. It's been giving me some trouble with heart rate readings. Sometimes it registers fine, others not at all, and then sometimes upwards of 220.

I tried to open the battery for the attachment that goes onto the chest strap but I just can't get the battery door open, it's on there super tight. Any good tips for getting into it?

Replies

• eso2012
    eso2012 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I think FT4 is one of those models where you cannot change the battery yourself. You need to go to a watch shop. I did that once...but now I have a new one and they highlighted the fact that users can DIY.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Problem is there is a gasket that comes with the original battery and that will gets stuck t times. Mine came off pretty easily though. If you do get it off on your own make sure to put the old gasket on with new battery as that is what makes it waterproof.

Watch shop is your best bet if you don't want to take the chance of stripping the cover which happens to some people. Personally I would put it upside on something soft like a towel and get a screwdriver that fits snug into the slot and use my body weight to press down as I turn.