ive lost so much weight bit still look reallt fat

Options
I am 5 ft 4 175 lb to me I look huge what do you think I need someone point of view
Do u think I look fat

Replies

• JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Do you know your body fat percentage? If not, go get it tested and work on lowering that number but also building lean muscle as well.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    You still look fat because...you still have a lot of excess fat on your body.

Keep losing.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    What random people on the internet think, is irrelevant. Keep working on being healthy.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have no clue if you look fat. Depends on your frame size and your percentage of fat v. lean, and the distribution of weight on your body. Post some pics.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 4 175 lb to me I look huge what do you think I need someone point of view
    Do u think I look fat

You need to post a picture....

ETA, did I miss pictures?!
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and when I weighed 170 I loved it!!! Us girls are really never satisfied with how we look. We're our own worst critics! ;)
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    you still look fat...cuz well, you are.

dont get discouraged. You are very young and very cute.

Keep working on it and with time it will go away. :)

Wtf? What's wrong with you! You don't even know how she looks like!
  • KaysKidz
    KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Remind me to never EVER ask that question here. Geez. There are more tactful ways of answering her question. What a way to derail someone's progress!

OP, I don't see a pic that anyone could make any judgments by. At your height, you probably have more to go. But at the same time, a lot of that depends on how muscular you are. I have one daughter that can make 170 look great on a 5'4 frame. And another who could not.
  • NyxButterfly
    NyxButterfly Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Remind me to never EVER ask that question here. Geez. There are more tactful ways of answering her question. What a way to derail someone's progress!

OP, I don't see a pic that anyone could make any judgments by. At your height, you probably have more to go. But at the same time, a lot of that depends on how muscular you are. I have one daughter that can make 170 look great on a 5'4 frame. And another who could not.

This.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Do u think I look fat

No picture so no judgement :ohwell:
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    you still look fat...cuz well, you are.

:huh: Rude.
  • them_and_me
    them_and_me Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'4 and 170lbs. I know that I'm still overweight as it's more fat than muscle. But I've lost over 50lbs, run a half marathon and signed up for Tough Mudder along the way. I'm happy that I'm getting healthy and motivated to keep going. Whether you look fat or not is irrelevant if you feel healthy and happy with your progress. Keep it up!
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Baby girl

Asking strangers if you look fat is not something I recommend. Set your own goals and achieve them make yourself feel good inside!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Do u think I look fat

No picture so no judgement :ohwell:

Most pointless tread ever then....
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Unless OP is a bodybuilder with HUGE amounts of muscle, 174lbs at 5'4 is too much fat.

Stop being so damn sensitive, forums, gosh.

Keep doing what you're doing, OP. It gets tough when you can't see your progress... Take a bunch of progress pictures every month and keep reminding yourself how far you've come. Don't be discouraged just because you're not there yet.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    okay so stats reveal that more weight than usual for height, and pic reveals possible not a bodybuilder. so if that's the case more weight loss should help and in particular fat loss thru holding onto muscle thru strenght training at a deficit.

sometimes people lose weight and still feel they look fat because their weight is more fat than they wish to achieve the look they want. sometimes filling out themselves with more muscle gives them the look they want. even when they are a woman/girl. i wish you could see the pic I saw today that was Exhibit A for this point. maybe it will materialize.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Well done on losing what you have so far OP. Keep up the good work & you'll hopefully get where you want to be at. Maybe if you'd posted a 'progress' pic instead & entitled it as work in progress plus start stats & current ones this may have been received differently. People are generally really supportive then I just think maybe you went about posting this in the wrong way. With maybe the wrong thread title. Good luck to you :-)