Heart rate monitors

Options
I am on my second heart rate monitor! which just quit on me (wont read anymore) I only had it for 2-3 weeks. I have been buying cheap ones :( wasn't sure if I wanted to make the investment. clearly buying cheap ones are not working out for me. please recommend your Heart rate monitor!

thanks

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    What is the purpose for it's use for you?

To monitor your HR as it's designed, letting you train in different HR zones to improve your cardio workouts and intervals and endurance training?

Or to count calories, not what it was designed to do?

Any recommendations that don't take in to account your use is not really that useful.

What would be a good car to get would be a similar open ended question with no answers to fit your needs.
  • geauxspin
    geauxspin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar Ft4 and it is a work horse! I work out a lot and it has taken a beating. I've had it at least 2 years and all I have had to do is replace batteries twice. I tried the cheap ones and they died pretty quick. I opted for the Polar because it also tracks calories burned and their customer service is fabulous. There are all kinds of HRM's out there. I'd say make a list of the functions you want and research the options.