Stupid nurse

Options
pinkraynedropjacki
pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
https://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/body-builder-told-she-s-overweight-despite-being-fit-and-healthy-170803168.html

A personal trainer and body builder has revealed her shock at being told by a nurse that she's overweight and needs to 'eat less and move more' despite training five days a week.

Anita Albrecht came sixth in the Miss Galaxy Universe competition in 2012 and writes regularly for Yahoo's fitness section, but the nurse told her she should drop her eating habits to 1,000 calories a day - without taking into account her lifestyle.

:noway:

Replies

• NatiaGonitellie
    NatiaGonitellie Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Holly Freaking Crap!!!!

Did the woman get her nursing degree via mail order?
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Aaaand this is why I only trust registered dieticians and peer reviewed science in regards to nutrition.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Or: Why BMI Is Dumb
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    You have to wonder if the health professionals are blind sometimes. I posted about this last year when my guy was told the same thing by a nurse doing a physical for insurance. He doesn't compete like this lady but he goes to the gym 5-6 days a week and has for the past 20 years and is also very strict about his diet most of the time. If he's obese like the nurse said then I'd hate to hear what she would have to say about me.