New Girl, Really Needing Support

Options
Hi everyone, I'm new here. My name is Sam and I'm a 22 year old wife and full time college student. I have tried this weight loss thing about a million times, yet never succeeded. I really need some support, one of my biggest problems has always been trying to do this on my own. I'm looking to lose about 85 lbs. I look forward to meeting y'all!

Replies

• beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    on here, you are definitely not alone. having the support of everyone here is what helps me stick to it. good luck! :]
  • piratekittie
    Options
    Hi! and welcome :) This site has tonnes of great tools, and even more wonderful people! You'll never be without support!

best of luck! you CAN do it!
  • cwalflower
    cwalflower Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new too, and I've also struggled to stick to weight loss goals because I was trying to do it alone. It definitely is easier with the support of others. I'm a full time college student as well, and right now I couldn't image being married and trying to juggle school, spending enough time with a husband, and trying to loose weight. You're very ambitious.

Good luck on your weight loss and feel free to add me

-Charlie
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hi Sam!!! :bigsmile:
    You can def do this!!! the food and exercise logs are just amazing here and have kept me on track for over a month!!!! and for the first time in my life I am drinking water!!!!! :drinker:
    Welcome to MFP!!! and Congrats on making the decision to change!!! :flowerforyou:
  • whetzel3141
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the site. I am new to this too and I have been an unsuccessful dieter for the past 7 years. I myself have 100 lbs to lose, but I find this site is amazing. The support is great and just the fact that I have to log everything in has already made me more accountable and I am trying to exercise more. It is a great motivator. You are not alone and check out other people, if they can do it....so can we! Good luck.
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want :) This tool is so great and the support and encouragement goes such a long way! Good luck!!!
  • blumuse
    blumuse Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You're SO on the right track! I gained all my weight in college. If ONLY I had been more like you! Stick to it... it's worth it!
  • jewell80
    Options
    Welcome Sam! This is the best site with lots of tools and great ppl. You can do it with lots of dedication and discipline. Losing the first few lbs is probably the hardest but once you do and get in a routine that works for you, you're going to take off.

Good Luck!

Jewell
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Hey Sam!

Welcome to MFP. It's a great place with lots of great people. I too have tried every fad diet and meds known to lose weight, but I gained it all back plus more. You will do great. I have lost 38 pounds in under 3 months. Feel free to add me as a friend, I will be
    gald to help motivate you. Good luck with your journey!
  • ajswriter
    ajswriter Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    This site is great for accountability, knowing how many calories you're both taking in and burning, and networking with others with the same goals. I think you'll find it really helpful. Stick with it, even when you don't feel like it. :)
  • mykaar74
    Options
    welcome Sam, you have definitely come to the right place. Congrats on taking the first step
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sam! I know how hard it is. This site does really help and its keeping me going. If you need friends, add me if you like. Good luck!! :)
  • sunshine4me
    sunshine4me Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    You are definitely not alone here! We work through as much as we can together! We all know how it feels to try and lose weight for the millionth time! If you need a friend I'm here!
  • MCDerin
    MCDerin Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You are NOT alone anymore my friend :)
    You CAN and WILL do this :)
    This site is a great tool and the members are awesome.
    Feel free to friend request me and remember...take it one day, one small goal at a time.
    This is not a race.
    Welcome!
  • cobyh
    cobyh Posts: 15
    Options
    Hey Sam,

Welcome! I'm a full-time student, full-time worker so I understand what's its like to be busy. I've only started using this site a week ago and I can't believe how much its opened up my world. This is a whole new world of dieting, where if you're honest with yourself you are held accountable for every choice you make. It's all out in the open, and I encourage you to add friends and take on board their support.

I couldn't do it alone, so I'm happy to support you :)
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hi, Sam! I'm glad you're here! :D First off don't look at it as a "weight loss thing". heheh Instead, know that it's a Lifestyle Change. Nothing less is what is needed to reach your goal weight and to make that change permanent. :)

There are lot of great articles and helpful hints on this site to get you to where you want to be. Also many people here are very helpful, so if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

My one word of advice right now is adopt the motto - "If you bite it, write it". Keeping an accurate and honest food log has been probably the biggest factor in helping me lose 55 lbs. I still have a long way to go, but I'm loving this journey!

I hope you find this site as helpful as I do! Welcome to MFP, Sam!
  • hollylynne4770
    Options
    HI Sam...my name is Holly and I would be happy to lend you the support you need. I recently joined the sight after losing 30 pounds but still have about 60 to go and am finding it very hard to stay motivated without the support of someone going thru the same thing.
    Hopefully we can chat and lend eachother a helping hand ! Hope to hear from you soon and good luck !
  • DonnaMaas
    Options
    Hi Sam, welcome to MFP, you will not regret joining this great group of supportive folks. Keeping track of your food and exercise could not be easier. Add me as a friend and we can support each other.