WHAT WILL HAPPEND IF I DONT REACH 2100 CALORIES A DAY?

Options
Good morning,

Tomorrow i wil start the second month of INSANITY .
Nutritiong guide told me that i have to eat 2200 calories a day but i only reach 1700 calories.
And everyday my dad tells me that i will get fat ( HE DOEST UNDERSTAND ME )
I'M FED UP WITH ALWAYS LISTENING THE SAME THING!!!!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I eat healthy:
- NO JUNK FOOD
- HIGH PROTEIN DIET
- I DRINK A LOT OF WATER

But i reach only 1700 calories WHAT WILL HAPPEND IF I DONT REAH 2100 CALORIES A DAY ????=(

MY GOAL IS TO TONE UP MY MUSCLES AND AFTER GO TO THE GYM FOR TONE UP MY MUSCLES WITH WEIGHTS

MY CURRENT WEIGHT : 53 kg
MY CUTRRENT HEIGHT : 168 cm
MY AGE : 18 YEARS OLD

Replies

• michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    you'll spontaneously combust, obvi. could be really messy. better reach your goal. :flowerforyou:
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    you'll spontaneously combust, obvi. could be really messy. better reach your goal. :flowerforyou:

You're doing great. Let time be the judge, not your dad. Good luck!
  • INSANITYsh
    INSANITYsh Posts: 122 Member
    Options

But i cant :( My dad taold me that i will get fat if i eat 2100 calories per day =( an i'm afraid of that :(
  • INSANITYsh
    Options

thanks a lot :) but i'm really afraid to get fat :(
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    It is always better to eat more food wherever possible if you are still seeing results. This said, what will happen depends on a number of things. The likely answer is slightly faster weight loss, with less leeway for adaptions later.

Good luck, do what makes you happy.
  • INSANITYsh
    Options
    It is always better to eat more food wherever possible if you are still seeing results. This said, what will happen depends on a number of things. The likely answer is slightly faster weight loss, with less leeway for adaptions later.

So if i dont eat 2100 x day probably will lose weight because i'm in deficit of caories.
    if i dont feel tired that mean that my body has enough calories ??
  • shapefitter
    Options

This is also a good website if you have any questions, or just want to double check on facts www.fitnessfrog.com
  • INSANITYsh
    Options

This is also a good website if you have any questions, or just want to double check on facts www.fitnessfrog.com

thanks a lot for your suggestion =)
  • nenshali
    nenshali Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I eat healthy:
    - NO JUNK FOOD
    - HIGH PROTEIN DIET
    - I DRINK A LOT OF WATER

But i reach only 1700 calories WHAT WILL HAPPEND IF I DONT REAH 2100 CALORIES A DAY ????=(

MY GOAL IS TO TONE UP MY MUSCLES AND AFTER GO TO THE GYM FOR TONE UP MY MUSCLES WITH WEIGHTS

The thing is, you want to build muscles. With your stats, it's obviously not about losing weight. And if you want to build muscles properly, you should at least maintenance, or a small surplus. 2100 kcal sounds about right, if not even a little bit more.

I would not advice to listen to your dad, you should know better :wink: The people around as are not always right!
    You will not randomly gain 38235kg if you start eating 400 kcal more. And seriously, if after a month or two you see that it doesn't work this way, you can still change something. It's not like you're eating mindlessly.

More food will hopefully mean that you get better results at your workouts. Add some peanut butter here and there, if you like. You're already eating high protein, so I don't need to recommend that anymore :flowerforyou:
  • shapefitter
    Options

thanks a lot for your suggestion =)

You're welcome.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    esplode
  • INSANITYsh
    Options
    I eat healthy:
    - NO JUNK FOOD
    - HIGH PROTEIN DIET
    - I DRINK A LOT OF WATER

The thing is, you want to build muscles. With your stats, it's obviously not about losing weight. And if you want to build muscles properly, you should at least maintenance, or a small surplus. 2100 kcal sounds about right, if not even a little bit more.

I would not advice to listen to your dad, you should know better :wink: The people around as are not always right!
    You will not randomly gain 38235kg if you start eating 400 kcal more. And seriously, if after a month or two you see that it doesn't work this way, you can still change something. It's not like you're eating mindlessly.

More food will hopefully mean that you get better results at your workouts. Add some peanut butter here and there, if you like. You're already eating high protein, so I don't need to recommend that anymore :flowerforyou:

THANKS I WILL NOT LISTEN TO MY DAD ANYMORE AND I WILL EAT 2100 CALORIES A DAY =)

CAN YOU TGIVE ME SOME BREAKFAST IDEAS ??=)
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    Options

So if i dont eat 2100 x day probably will lose weight because i'm in deficit of caories.
    if i dont feel tired that mean that my body has enough calories ??

Most active people can lose weight @ 2100, but yes your logic is correct - you will lose at a faster rate due to the increased deficit. With regards to whether or not you SHOULD change to 1700, honestly that is your decision. I personally think that if you were happy with your results @ 2100 you should stick with it but 1700 isn't a dangerously low number really so if you find it works for you then fair enough. The key is to maintain a willingness to change, even if that means taking the (for many, counter-intuitive) step of eating more.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Nutritiong guide told me that i have to eat 2200 calories a day but i only reach 1700 calories.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I eat healthy:
    - NO JUNK FOOD
    - HIGH PROTEIN DIET
    - I DRINK A LOT OF WATER

Shoot for your 2100 calories
    Make sure you get your macros right (protein, carbs, fat)
    Don't focus only on getting protein.....
    Fats play an important role in your body.
    And carbs will help give you energy to exercise......

If you are able to get to 1700 now, with a focus on protein,
    Then hitting 2100 will not be a problem.
    Add in some rice, sweet potato, peanut butter.....
  • INSANITYsh
    Options
    Good morning,

I eat healthy:
    - NO JUNK FOOD
    - HIGH PROTEIN DIET
    - I DRINK A LOT OF WATER

i'm afraid to get fat :(
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    You'll develop a condition where you yell different portions of responses for no apparent reason. So eat your food and fuel your workouts.
  • derkin2005
    derkin2005 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Sorry but if you "are afraid to get fat" your priorities are in the wrong place mentally let alone physically. IMO
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

I eat healthy:
    - NO JUNK FOOD
    - HIGH PROTEIN DIET
    - I DRINK A LOT OF WATER

That is why you monitor and track things. :wink:
  • INSANITYsh
    Options
    Good morning,

I eat healthy:
    - NO JUNK FOOD
    - HIGH PROTEIN DIET
    - I DRINK A LOT OF WATER

That is why you monitor and track things. :wink:

ok thanks for your support :flowerforyou:
  • jkierdorf
    jkierdorf Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You need to focus on what makes you happy, not what anyone else says. But, at 18, your body needs lots of different fuel, so don't restrict whole grains, fruits, even have a glass of juice instead of water sometimes, or drink half and half juice and water. If you are working out, you can use the replaced glucose afterwards. And when your Dad says you will get fat, ask him why he needs to say that to you, It doesn't exactly support you.