Hello! A quick question about 'set point'

Options
kirili3
kirili3 Posts: 244 Member
Hello!

I lost around 12 kg a few years ago, going from 82 kg to 70. The lowest I got is 67, but I can't seem to maintain weight below 70. Over 70, I'm fine controlling my meals. But as soon as I get under it, my appetite ramps up.

I tried not looking at the scale, but I can feel the difference because I'm always hovering around 70 kg - as soon as my weight dips, my appetite comes roaring out.

I can eat several bowls of salad and roast vegetables with sauce and I'll still be very hungry. I know it's head hunger but it's got rather a lot of control over me.

Now, I don't know if this is about a 'set point' or something else, but has anybody dealt with this issue? I need some advice, please. Eating a lot of healthy food (a lot a lot) doesn't remove that hunger, though I suppose it does lessen the amount of unhealthy food when I cave.

A healthy weight for my height is max 61 kg. I haven't had any problems about regaining the first 12 kg. I'd also be interested in hearing about whether this is psychological - I've never been a normal weight, 67 kg is the lowest I've weighed since puberty I'm guessing, so if anybody knows how to convince the subconscious that it's not that scary to weight a normal weight, that'd be good too!

Thank you for reading, and for any advice!