another newbie

thekangaroos
thekangaroos Posts: 4
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
I'm a 46 year old, active, fat animal lover. Over the past three years I've tweaked my diet, eat a low sodium diet and exercise regularly. Now it's time to lose weight! Two weeks ago I started cutting out sugar. It's so hard. I've lost a couple pounds and want to continue for many more pounds. Some friends are starting a Slim Down Club. For the next six months I'm determined to not eat sugar and work hard at changing my lifestyle/eating habits so I can lose more weight. Hopefully in 6 months I'll be lighter, healthier, able to get health insurance and richer if I win the SDC. And I'll have to buy clothes when Caddieseamus, who told me about this forum, and I go on our annual shopping trip. :smile:

Replies

• I'm a 46 year old, active, fat animal lover. Over the past three years I've tweaked my diet, eat a low sodium diet and exercise regularly. Now it's time to lose weight! Two weeks ago I started cutting out sugar. It's so hard. I've lost a couple pounds and want to continue for many more pounds. Some friends are starting a Slim Down Club. For the next six months I'm determined to not eat sugar and work hard at changing my lifestyle/eating habits so I can lose more weight. Hopefully in 6 months I'll be lighter, healthier, able to get health insurance and richer if I win the SDC. And I'll have to buy clothes when Caddieseamus, who told me about this forum, and I go on our annual shopping trip. :smile:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Welcome and good luck to you:flowerforyou:
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    welcome! You will enjoy all the discussions on MFP. Everyone is very supportive and provide alternatives to what works and what is new. Stick around.
  • Welcome and we we all be here to support you along the way!!!

Love that pic of Joey. I need one of my kids too. Although one of me in bathing suit may be more motivating :laugh:
  • I like Icandoit's photo. Well, I wouldn't like one of me like that right now but I'm going to like the new one like that in six months. 12 months even better. For you...maybe one of your thighs? You could post a photo of your thighs before the knee problem to give you incentive to get back there.
This discussion has been closed.