6 months later (pics included)

hkystar
hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
edited September 21 in Success Stories
So this past January, my good friend got me to start working out with her. I went through a lot of pain, and in May I got a scale. I found out about MFP in the end of April and I started logging my food. It took awhile of seeing just what I was putting into my body to accept reality. I accepted my challenge head on.

For those who think they cant do this, let me tell you... YOU CAN. If I can do it, anyone can.

6 mo progress:
I ran my 5K this week in 31:30 (on track for my 30min timed goal on Thanksgiving morning).
I am eating 1300 calories and not feeling starving. I eat so much better and so much more filled in my day.
I have energy. When I started I kept telling my BF that I couldnt exercise because I had no energy. I have so much more energy than I ever had (and thats after working out for ~60 mins a day 6 days a week).
I am learning to love myself. I can honestly say I had been so disgusted with my body and my weight for soooo long.
So its been 6 months and I gave away 42.5 pounds! (I dont say lost because I am NOT looking for that weight).

so now for the good part (what I know everyone is here for) my before/during pictures (I am just about 1/2 way to my goal).

Nov 2009 Thanksgiving (prolly close to 250 if not more)
Nov2009.jpg

March 2010 (around 240 pounds)
March2010.jpg

Labor Day weekend 2010 (208 pounds)
Sept2010.jpg

2 weeks ago (205 pounds)
Sept2010v2.jpg

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!