1000 calories a day

Options
2»

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Just within the last couple months have I've been around 1000. I don't know where my appetite went.
    It's very normal for appetite to be suppressed when chronically under-eating. Work on getting more food in and you'll likely see it return. If not, maybe see a doctor as it could be a sign of something underlying.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Hi,

To answer your question, no, you won't keep gaining. Your body will eventually level out, but you gain weight from any frequent snacking done if your body doesn't have time to clean out the contents in the gut. Not everybody is a one-meal-a-day-er like me, but I have found that the "eat many meals" advice not only doesn't work, but tends to promote weight gain on even less calories. Put the calories you have in one or two meals and see what changes for you. I bet you'd see a reduction in weight pretty quickly.

But as with anything, if you've calorie-restricted for a while, you'll need to very slowly go up--like maybe add 100 calories total for a week and another 100 the next week. Keep relatively active. And remember that weight fluctuations go up and down. it's fine to gain and lose within a certain range. You should only weigh once every 7 days, mind you, because you'll psyche yourself out.

Keep a lid on the calories and you'll eventually stabilize and/or keep losing. You can find what works for you, but don't be afraid to enjoy a one-day weekly splurge day. This shocks the body into losing since it quits getting afraid of your starving. It's amazing how someone can keep or start losing after a day of overeating!
  • TomPowell1234
    Options
    I'm doing well on what what I eat. I'm not sure about the calories but here's a rundown

BREAKFAST
    yoghurt and an apple

LUNCH
    tossed vege salad (lettuce, toms, olives, cucumber, a bit of coleslaw, beetroot / sweetcorn)

DINNER
    usually a sandwich (tuna salad preferred)

At the weekend, I eat a bit more, so bacon and an egg for brekkie, a salad for lunch and a decent sized cooked dinner in the evening, with snacks of fruit and a snickers bar (only one on sunday evening)

I am losing weight, I feel great. I'm not tired or anything. It seems to be working for me.