I need more heavy lifting MFP-girlfriends!

Options
Hey there!
I'm just starting new rules of lifting for women and would LOVE to be inspired by other women who are lifting heavy stuff off the floor and putting it down again!
I'm 21 years old, 172lbs (78kg), 5'7''. I am now squatting about 80 lbs (37,5 kg), deadlift 88lbs (40 kg) and can't really bench press due to a problem in my arm (Erb's palsy). I know my weights are low, but I'm a beginner! I'd love to hear more stats and maybe add some new friends? :D

Replies

• fittestpal
    fittestpal Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Where are all the girls like you. It seems like all the girls I meet are lazy I'm so tired of it. I'm tired of hearing their first world excuses
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I lift 2x/week: squat, bench, and deadlifts. I do other workouts, too. I do videos in the morning, and then weights 2 days, and cardio or circuit training 2 days. Weekends vary between videos, pull-ups, and running. I pick up swimming in the summer and leave the weights.
    My working weights are :
    squat 135, 125, 115
    bench 105(max) 95, 85, 75
    deads 175(max) 155, 135, 125
  • Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Just added you! Been doing Stronglifts 5x5 for 4 weeks now and loving it!
  • Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Oh current figures:

Squat - 50kg
    Deadlift - 50kg
    OHP - 30kg
    Barbell Row- 40kg
    Bench - 40kg
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting back into lifting after a few months off after I moved. Anywho...I lift 3 sets of 8 and squat 75, deadlift 85, and bench 65. I still need to increase more since those were actually a little too easy, but I'm still easing back into it. Add me if you want!
  • oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I lift because it makes me strong and happy... but I do get plenty of cardio as well (I'm training for Tough Mudder so need to be able to do everything and be a total she-beast!) I'd love some friends who train with weights on a regular basis!
  • Vlyoung85
    Vlyoung85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into training programs at your gym? I do weekly functional/strength training with a group of girls with 1 personal trainer. It is great because not only do I get the training on lifting weights properly but have the support of all the girls that I work out with! I am actually now training to do a powerlifting competition in July, which is something I never thought I would be interested in doing!
  • SummerRain43
    Options
    I can't afford to go to the gym but I got a set of Bowflex Select Tech dumbbells and I work out at home with DVD's so I go as heavy as I can.....I can dial up or down depending whether I'm doing upper body or lower body.....GO HEAVY, OR GO HOME!!!!lol
  • KaterinaTerese
    KaterinaTerese Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm 5'5" and about 155lbs, trying to lose body fat, not necessarily weight. I've slimmed down some since beginning StrongLifts back in November. Learning to pick up heavy things and put them down is honestly one of the best life choices I've ever made.

Squat: 150lbs
    Deadlift: 165lbs
    Bench: 65lbs
    OHP: 50lbs
    Barbell row: 60lbs (okay, my upper body is really weak, haha)
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    That's all I do currently. I do All Pro 3x a week in my garage. Love being strong ;)
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a combination of programmes these days: Russian Masters for squats, 5/3/1 for bench and now a new tailored deadlift programme from my coach.

My working weights vary so wildly that they're barely worth sharing but maxes are:

Squat - 90kg (probably going up very shortly)
    Bench - 60kg (comfortable)
    Deadlift - 100kg (low due to form issues, but I'm working on that)
    OHP - 45kg (not training that at the moment, but kinda miss it)

I'm 62.3kg at the moment (end of a short bulk) and 166cm. I lift four days a week and have a coaching session every other Saturday (can't afford every week).
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I lift and run. I lift ~3 times a week. I used to just run 1-2 times, with some HIIT thrown in, but I've a half marathon coming up so it's taking a bit more priority.

Current Stats for ~8 reps :
    Squat 40kg
    Deadlift 65Kg, SLDL 45KG - though struggling with grip.
    Bench press 30Kg

My routine changes up every 4-6 weeks. I am currently on a more circuits based one.

Feel free to add me.
  • metanoia0116
    metanoia0116 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I heavy lift 3 times a week with 2 days of cardio. I squat around 120 for low reps, 80 for high. DLs are 120 for low and 100 for high. I am puny with benchpress as I can only do around 60 lbs.

Feel free to add me. :)
  • LBennett34
    LBennett34 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My husband is a competitive powerlifter and has been on me for YEARS to try heavy lifting. I've been serious for about 6 weeks and have already hit triple lb digits in squats, bench, deadlift, and hang cleans (almost ready to jerk! lol). I'd LOVE to have other women friends on here who don't spend their days "hamstering" on a treadmill!!! Please, ladies, I'd love to be friends. And here's another question, do you log your workouts on here under strength to keep track of them? I keep mine in a notebook log instead.

I wish more women would lift heavy!!!
  • LBennett34
    LBennett34 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey there!
    I'm just starting new rules of lifting for women and would LOVE to be inspired by other women who are lifting heavy stuff off the floor and putting it down again!
    I'm 21 years old, 172lbs (78kg), 5'7''. I am now squatting about 80 lbs (37,5 kg), deadlift 88lbs (40 kg) and can't really bench press due to a problem in my arm (Erb's palsy). I know my weights are low, but I'm a beginner! I'd love to hear more stats and maybe add some new friends? :D

Also, I'm 13 yrs your senior but our height and weight are identical!!!
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    My husband is a competitive powerlifter and has been on me for YEARS to try heavy lifting. I've been serious for about 6 weeks and have already hit triple lb digits in squats, bench, deadlift, and hang cleans (almost ready to jerk! lol). I'd LOVE to have other women friends on here who don't spend their days "hamstering" on a treadmill!!! Please, ladies, I'd love to be friends. And here's another question, do you log your workouts on here under strength to keep track of them? I keep mine in a notebook log instead.

I wish more women would lift heavy!!!

I log mine on Fitocracy. The system here is just too user-unfriendly.
  • coral_b
    coral_b Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Me!! Lift 3x week. Mixture of compounds/ isolation. Also run 1-2 times a week. Weight on scales has stalled since Jan/ lifting more seriously so I'm focusing on inches and body fat. Current maxs are fairly low but improving quickly x
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I started a variation of SL about 6 weeks ago...up to 125 on squats and DLs, 80 on Barbell Row, 45 on OHP and 70 on BP...those darn upper body ones are hard for me! I also run but thats for pure enjoyment and because then I can eat MOAR FOODZ.
  • spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I`m 30lbs heavier that you but

Squat 187lb
    Dead lift 250lb
    bench - hmm - 135 ish - haven`t done bench presses in a while

I`m also on a competitive kettle bell lifting team and compete in the snatch - competition results 136 reps with the 16KG ( 35 lb )

Feel free to add me if you wish
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I just started Stronglifts (doing my first ever Workout B tomorrow). As of Saturday I'm at:

Squat

Bench Press

Barbell Row