Hip thrusts at the gym without being embarrassed??

Options
No offense but I think I would be WAY too embarrassed to do these at the gym! Especially if I'm surrounded by guys... Do you guys do them?

Replies

• LeahFerri
    LeahFerri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I don't, but my suggestion (because this is where I do some of my exercises) is to do anything you don't want to do in front of others in the shower! I do some stuff like that while waiting for my conditioner to do its thing.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of Soca and most of the time I am laughing.
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options
    I position my knees facing the wall and just thrust!
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    The thought just occurred to me. ....I never see guys doing hip thrusts at the gym. ...they must do them in hiding ad well.
  • Apocalypz
    Apocalypz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    As a guy, I only do them at home when exercising.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I don't, but my suggestion (because this is where I do some of my exercises) is to do anything you don't want to do in front of others in the shower! I do some stuff like that while waiting for my conditioner to do its thing.

How do you get a barbell in the shower?

OP, just get over the fear. I do them in the gym and other than one person asking me "What muscle group to those work? They look hard" nobody says a word.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    IN...

out of curiosity, b/c I planned to do these in front of others but let's see what people really think of this.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy and I do them after squats. Get over the fear of embarrassment and get your workout in. The people who should be embarrassed (1/2 squats, 1/2 bench, bosu ball shenanigans) never are. Don't be embarrassed about putting in the work.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy and I do them after squats. Get over the fear of embarrassment and get your workout in. The people who should be embarrassed (1/2 squats, 1/2 bench, bosu ball shenanigans) never are. Don't be embarrassed about putting in the work.

he's right I did all those shenanigans this morning and I wasn't embarrassed at all. Moslty b/c nobody was there.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options

OP, just get over the fear. I do them in the gym and other than one person asking me "What muscle group to those work? They look hard" nobody says a word.

This ^^^^^

and also this:

ETA.....I just can't let the shower thing go.......:huh: :noway:
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    People who are being judgy at the gym because someone is doing hip thrusts should be embarrassed that they're not focused on their own workout.

Do them. Your butt will thank you, and so will people who look at your butt. :laugh:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

This ^^^^^

and also this:

I always bring my barbell to the shower . . .
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Just set up so that you face the wall. There's no way to do them that's unnoticeable, and you'll definitely be embarrassed at first. After a couple times, you'll get over it.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options

This ^^^^^

and also this:

I always bring my barbell to the shower . . .

If I'm bringing something hard into the shower rest assured it will NOT be a barbell.
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Own it like a boss!
  • ukulelist
    ukulelist Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yeah I do them... I've never had any trouble or people staring or anything. One time when I was in a random gym a stranger (guy) came up to me after I'd finished my sets and said that after he saw me doing them he was curious and gave it a try, but he found them difficult and painful even with just the bar... so I gave him some form and gear tips :) That is the only thing that's happened out of the ordinary.