Jillian Michaels 30ds or 6wk abs???

Options
I'm 30yrs old, a mommy of 4 and want to loss the fat around the bottom portion of my belly. I'm not really looking to lose a lot of weight. I'm only 5'0 and weigh 108 so just want to tone and firm my arms, belly and hips. Any advice on which workout would be best to start first. thanks :)

Replies

• OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you'll hear this a lot but...strength training.
  • j34lr
    j34lr Posts: 32
    Options
    30 DS did wonders for me. Ended the first 30 days last week and starting the program over because the results made me way too happy and proud of myself :)
    Good luck!
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I say both! They are both awesome workouts! I have a lot of Jillian's workout DVD's and switch them around depending on how much time I have to workout or how I am feeling that day.

To give you a better workout you can do them back to back as well. I do that a lot when I have more time. It makes for a great hour workout.

All of her DVD's are great. I just purchased 5 more on Ebay for about an average of $4 each or you can find some of them on youtube or vimeo.com as well! Its a great way to try the workout before you buy it.

Good luck!! :smile:
  • DaniettaF
    DaniettaF Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you'll hear this a lot but...strength training.

I thought 30 day shred was a sort of strength training? Forgive me if I'm wrong. I know it's not like gym weights or anything, but it does use body weight exercises in the programme.

Edited to add:

OP, I've never tried 6 week abs, but 30 day shred definitely made me feel more toned!
  • gcastellano83
    gcastellano83 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the responses. I think i'll give the 30 day shred a try :)
    Day 1 begins today, LETS DO THIS!!! ;) hehe
  • starznholes
    starznholes Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Yep- I'm not a fan of DVD's, but 30DS is the bomb!
  • knt6742
    knt6742 Posts: 36
    Options
    I really love both. I hate heavy lifting (not that it's a bad thing I just don't enjoy it), but I got great results from Jillian's dvds. I actually like Ripped in 30 better than 30ds.