Frustrated with skin - lotion recommend?

Options
Losing weight is awesome, but sadly, I'm still experiencing some loose skin. Most of it doesn't bug me because it's not obvious, but when I was looking for progress the other day I noticed my stomach should have actually lifted some but all the loose skin is keeping it from doing that.

I know hydration both inside and out is important for good skin. I drink water like a fish.

Anyone else get this? Anyone have any exerpiences with a good lotion?

Replies

• lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I heard great things about organic coconut oil. I happened to have some in the cupboard so for the last week I have been rubbing this on my trouble zones once a day. I hoping it'll help the skin start to firm up. I am only half way to my goal and getting a bit loose already :/
  • RaggedyAnnazon
    RaggedyAnnazon Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of doing that. I have a HUGE tub of it I bought and use it mostly for cooking and pulling. I'm just afraid of the mess : / that stuff can get everywhere.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Nourishment of your skin comes from the inside as well. Are you getting 1 g/lb of lean body mass a day? That and your healthy oils are going to be far more important than something you rub on your skin. Our skin is a great barrier (as it was designed to be) and not much gets through it. Coconut oil penetrates fairly well though, and is often used as a carrier for other ingredients.