• Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    F@%$ Planet Fitness. That's all.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Planet fitness kicks out Muslim woman wearing headscarf

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/planet-fitness-kicked-muslim-woman-wearing-headscarf-lawsuit-article-1.1730411

Planet Fitness tells woman to leave because her physique was too "intimidating to other gym goers"

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/03/21/too-intimidating-planet-fitness-tells-ca-woman-cover-toned-body

What are your thoughts on this? Just curious.

It's pretty obvious from your previous posts how you feel about PF. Just starting a thread to try to get things heated up again? You don't like them, we all get that. You don't have to work out there or spend your money there, so what's the big deal?

Why are you so angry? This is a CONSTRUCTIVE thread seeking voices and opinion of fitness enthusiasts and ATHLETES. This is a COMMUNITY...you mess with one of us you mess with all of us. We are in this together and as soon as you realize this you will be much better off. Just like I didn't HAVE TO make this post you don't HAVE TO comment.

No anger here. Just wondering why you are so hung up on PF that you had to start a thread that is just a repeat of other threads you posted over and over again in. If that's what floats your boat, so be it.

because its a gym, and many people here are interested in gym news.
    if i found out that golds made a stupid decision like that, i would want to know.

dude's just spreading info.
  • SalemBoSox88
    Options
    It maybe wrong but. That is a privately held business and they do have the right to allow or not allow anyone. I may not agree with it but working in HR I can see both sides.
  • Losing75byDecember
    Losing75byDecember Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    With all this publicity, they're really digging their own grave. I want the least amount of clothes on as possible when I'm working out. I get so sweaty. That tank is downright conservative!

All I could do is laugh at this post! hahahaha!!!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    With all this publicity, they're really digging their own grave. I want the least amount of clothes on as possible when I'm working out. I get so sweaty. That tank is downright conservative!

All I could do is laugh at this post! hahahaha!!!

And everyone here laughs back at you, sweetheart!
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Damn, I know, PF is such a bad gym! They even give out pizza and Tootsie Rolls. Shame on them. Isn't that horrible??? I'm telling them today to deactivate me and go to a real gym.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    infringing on the 1st Amendment is not legal. I hope that she wins a crapton of money. I hope that she goes on national news. b/c I know how loud I would be if I were told that I couldn't wear a symbol of my faith.

the second woman proves to everyone the point that "judgement free zone" is a lie. it's an advertising ploy. there is a PF near me. I will not give them my money. they are NOT in the fitness business, they are in the "keep them fat" business. b/c they don't want fit ppl to go there. this woman was nicely fit, but she was by no means a She Hulk, and that's how they made it sound; moreover, that's how they treated her, and they acted like it was WRONG of her to be fit.
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I don't think Planet Fitness is a gym for real lifters anyway. Unless you can only afford their cheap memebership I say just don't go. It's not meant for serious lifters. As far as the judgement free zone I agree with most other comments. That's bull****. It's only judgement free if you are out of shape.

Not sure about that. I have some pretty big, SERIOUS lifters at mine. They make everyone in here look small.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I don't think Planet Fitness is a gym for real lifters anyway. Unless you can only afford their cheap memebership I say just don't go. It's not meant for serious lifters. As far as the judgement free zone I agree with most other comments. That's bull****. It's only judgement free if you are out of shape.

Not sure about that. I have some pretty big, SERIOUS lifters at mine. They make everyone in here look small.

+1. And those are the ones I ask for help, not the guy at the desk who told me the ez curl bar was for rows. The trainer is awesome, as well. All these posts make me really glad my non-gym doesn't do anything to be ashamed of. People wear tank tops, half shirts and caps, and they deadlift and grunt without setting off the alarm. I'd be more pissed off at the tattletales, really. I'll bet they're the same ones who report people over and over here. Hmmmm, I smell a conspiracy!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I can work out in my underwear in my gym... That's all I care about.

If they have rules, and make them know, and you sign up anyways... well then don't complain.

If they don't have rules, and then try to enforce some, then get mad and decide... stay? or leave?
    If you stay, don't complain.
    If you leave, why bother complaining... not gonna change anything

Do I think they're awesome... meh, I think it's stupid.

But really, I don't go there... and like I said. I can wear whatever I want (nothing even) in my own gym.

which just so happens to be in my basement.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    judgment free zone my ....

+1
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

If they have rules, and make them know, and you sign up anyways... well then don't complain.

If they don't have rules, and then try to enforce some, then get mad and decide... stay? or leave?

But really, I don't go there... and like I said. I can wear whatever I want (nothing even) in my own gym.

Can I work out in your basement? *wiggles eyebrows*
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

Hmmmmm... I may have to implement a lack-of-dress code... You ok with that?
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I understand what they're doing but I don't agree with how they're doing it. If you grunt too loud, alarm goes off. If you stretch by yourself or do yoga in the corner, alarm goes off. Wear a headscarf? Do not enter. Look too fit? Get sent home. None of this makes sense? There's more judgement in the "judgement free zone" than any other gym.

Whatever. After my bout with norovirus, I don't really enjoy going to the gym anymore. I work out in my basement where there's no dress code.
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I understand what they're doing but I don't agree with how they're doing it. If you grunt too loud, alarm goes off. If you stretch by yourself or do yoga in the corner, alarm goes off. Wear a headscarf? Do not enter. Look too fit? Get sent home. None of this makes sense? There's more judgement in the "judgement free zone" than any other gym.

Whatever. After my bout with norovirus, I don't really enjoy going to the gym anymore. I work out in my basement where there's no dress code.

What is their rationale behind the prohibition of stretching/yoga alone??
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Yes ma'am! :wink:
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    These Planet Fitness guys have been taking a lot of slack over the last ~3 months that I've noticed.. MFP hates them w/ a passion .. !
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options

Yes ma'am! :wink:

where do I sign up?
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I call bull.

I go to PF and I wear itty bitty shorts, bra top and a strappy tank over it. I've never been told to leave.

In all honesty I can count on one hand the amount of times the "lunk alarm" went off when I was there. Mostly they do it when someone is being completely obnoxious, like pretty much screaming their grunts out or they do it when they know someone who is working out and they want to *kitten* with them.

I will say though that the showers there are nasty. I won't step foot in them, not even if I absolutely have to.