Women should ONLY do cardio and NOT lift weights!

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
............Says my clueless husband this morning!:laugh: I told him that I was lifting more weights during my workouts and he gave me a look like :huh: and said "Well, that's ridiculous. Women should only do cardio. If you want to lose weight don't lift weights because then you'll just get heavier because muscle weighs more than fat."

Silly man! It just made me laugh!:laugh: :laugh:

Replies

• summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    So glad my husband didn't say that to me when I wanted to go on a bulk. I'm 14 pounds up and am very happy I started lifting and eating. I'll take my "weighs more" muscle any day.
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    that man should come to one of my workout sessions. i will hand him a white flag when he arrives... im sure it will be thrown at some point before i finish!!!!
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    Yeah, he doesn't get it. He's never worked out a day in his life and is naturally skinny. :grumble:
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    It's funny because my husband educated me the other way. He showed me by example that lifting weights promotes weight loss. Now I lose a lot faster than I did with just cardio. Besides, now I love lifting. Try to stop me now!!! Ha!!!!!!!!:wink:
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    that man should come to one of my workout sessions. i will hand him a white flag when he arrives... im sure it will be thrown at some point before i finish!!!!

:laugh:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    So glad my husband didn't say that to me when I wanted to go on a bulk. I'm 14 pounds up and am very happy I started lifting and eating. I'll take my "weighs more" muscle any day.

if he has eyes i'm guessing he is so glad he did not say that too.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    It's funny because my husband educated me the other way. He showed me by example that lifting weights promotes weight loss. Now I lose a lot faster than I did with just cardio. Besides, now I love lifting. Try to stop me now!!! Ha!!!!!!!!:wink:

my husband ONLY wants me to do weights. but only like once a month or something. and machines are okay with him. i like free weights. and also with paleo, actually b/c of paleo. so yeah, no they cancel each other out and leave us at neutral ground.
  • Lisa1971
    Options

my husband ONLY wants me to do weights. but only like once a month or something. and machines are okay with him. i like free weights. and also with paleo, actually b/c of paleo. so yeah, no they cancel each other out and leave us at neutral ground.

If that is your profile pic I'm definitely NEVER going to stop lifting!:love: You look amazing!:flowerforyou:
  • phred_52
    phred_52 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My kind of guy....NOT. Makes me wonder what He really thinks about women and their place. I'm fairly small and not very strong, but I have gone up in what I can lift in a few areas, maybe I'm doing something wrong, being I'm losing instead of gaining. I always thought spouses should be supportive and the like, new there was a reason for not going that route ;).
  • EmbraceTheDarkSide
    EmbraceTheDarkSide Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    this thread makes me sad
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Silly boy :laugh:
  • KoopaSix
    KoopaSix Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Im crying with laughter...sit him down and give him a good talkin too :D
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    He's supportive of my weight loss...just very clueless when it comes to anything fitness oriented!
  • CallMeRuPaul
    CallMeRuPaul Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i'm confused. so what point are you trying to make? that the statement that he made is wrong or that he is a chauvinist pig? i believe that his statement is correct.
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    My kind of guy....NOT. Makes me wonder what He really thinks about women and their place. I'm fairly small and not very strong, but I have gone up in what I can lift in a few areas, maybe I'm doing something wrong, being I'm losing instead of gaining. I always thought spouses should be supportive and the like, new there was a reason for not going that route ;).

Oh, no he's not a caveman type guy. Just very clueless about the best ways to workout and lose weight. It makes me giggle!
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    i'm confused. so what point are you trying to make? that the statement that he made is wrong or that he is a chauvinist pig? i believe that his statement is correct.

No, he's not a chauvinist. He just thinks that women don't lose weight by lifting. Not that he's against it because he knows I do it and is fine with it but he thinks cardio is the main way to go. I love him dearly, don't get me wrong! :smile: Kinda like me telling him that the best way to fish is with a 10 pound test. I know zero about fishing btw!
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    i believe that his statement is correct.

You silly boy you!