New to the Community :)

Options
Well its surprising what you do when you find out your over your weight limit and body fat in the Navy. So came back from 2 weeks of leave and was 23 percent body fat and 204 pounds. So after realizing it I took out my droid found this app and am on a roll. Its just sad that I only started doing this now when I could have probably got my weight to my younger years a long time ago if it works. So far i'm eating about 700 calories less then my amount i should eat but then i'm working out and burning those calories and then some since i workout twice a day... not sure if thats good though.

Replies

• shortwasp
    shortwasp Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It's good to eat the amount of basic calories that you are given each day, i.e., I'm on 1200 calories per day. I will lose weight best if I stick close to those 1200 calories each day. If I exercise, then I can choose to eat the extra calories if I wish, but I still need to get to that 1200 calories every day. Anything over that with exercise is an option to eat, and if you are hungry then definitely eat those extra calories.

If you don't eat your basic calories every day, then your body might go into starvation mode and hold onto weight which is just the opposite of what you want it to do.
  • blacknight7748
    Options
    I was thinking about that so I will probably in the cases when I burn more calories then i eat totally that day will probably just eat another portion at dinner or since i plan out the calories ill consume that day just eat a bigger lunch. Bigger dinner then bed not always good. Maybe even a bigger breakfast since i'm eating or drinking should i say a slimfast 180 shake for breakfast.
  • mykaar74
    Options
    welcome & best wishes. and it's true you should be getting atleast 1200 calories a day. i wish you well on your journey
  • Beebee78
    Options
    A bigger breakfast is a fab idea! Peanut butter is always good for extra calories - you can get them with no sugar etc now too.

Good luck on your journey xxx