What do you wear at the gym??

Options
2»

Replies

• annie_things
    annie_things Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I wear yoga pants/shorts, but I always try to buy the roll down type- if you don't fold it you have high waisted yoga shorts!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    shorts and a t-shirt...
  • bryttanid
    bryttanid Posts: 14
    Options
    I wear my sweater leggings (sweggings), a tank top, and a big tshirt on top =) Seems to work out pretty well
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    PicsArt_1395330401246_zps92c03e4e.jpg

Ermagherd this is precisely how I look too! *flexes* :bigsmile:

For me it depends on the routine I'm doing. If it's lower body, squatty sort of exercises then I find volleyball spandex with a long sleeve t shirts are the most comfortable. And there is less opportunity for shorty shorts to ride up. OP I'm also self-conscious about my arms so loose-fitted, long sleeved t shirts are my go-to on most days. For upper body days, it's just running shorts and t-shirts or cut-offs if it's toasty.

No expensive lulu nonsense for me...
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Usually yoga pants and a tank top or a t-shirt. Sometimes if I stretch/bend over/etc my stomach shows in certain shirts, but it doesn't bother me that much.
  • dt3312
    dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and medium build. Female. I wear a Men's Large T-shirt to the gym. I sew, so I hem the T-shirt so it is just at my underwear line. If the armholes are too big in circumference, I alter them to make them narrower. For pants I wear cotton knit sweat pants or capris. My women friends tell me I wear my clothes loose, but I don't care. I'm comfortable and my clothes don't get in the way.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I like long tanks over yoga pants with draw strings. Sometimes i will throw on an 80s cut off the shoulder tee over the top if I want extra coverage. That's fun to wear when I am lifting (in my hot pink Chuck Taylors. Of course, I love knee socks too.).
  • luadams2
    luadams2 Posts: 122
    Options
    I don't have money to spend on gym clothes and they get washed so often they don't last long anyway.

I buy cheapo extra large cotton or cotton blend tank tops at Walmart, they come just below my bum. I'm 5'4. Walmart also has Danskin shorts and capris., 90% cotton and fitted. I get them in black. The waist band is comfortable on these for me and it is a high waistband.

My favorite tank is very fitted but very comfortable. It's long and does not ride up. It's called C-9, it's a ribbed racerback, 92% cotton, with a built in shelf bra, I get these at Target. I wouldn't recommend it for a large chested woman though, I wear a light exercise bra underneath it for extra support. I just love that it is long and breathable.