Advocare or Herbalife or other?

Options
KatC_88
KatC_88 Posts: 101 Member
Hey guys!

I've already lost 82lbs total, I am 30lbs away from my goal and it's getting hard! I'm also looking for vitamins and supplements to help my body not just in weightloss but also to just be healthier. I have heard a lot of these two companies. Is either on better than the other? Do y'all know any pros or cons?

Thank you for any information!!!

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I recommend other: a balanced, sustainable diet that can give you many of the vitamins and minerals you will find in their products, but at a fraction of the cost. If you absolute want supplements, I'm sure that people can give you recommendations of different vitamin and supplemental powders that will also be a fraction of the cost of what those companies will charge you.
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I recommend other: a balanced, sustainable diet that can give you many of the vitamins and minerals you will find in their products, but at a fraction of the cost. If you absolute want supplements, I'm sure that people can give you recommendations of different vitamin and supplemental powders that will also be a fraction of the cost of what those companies will charge you.

This. Honestly, a regular multivitamin is probably all you need (if you really want one), unless you have some sort of nutritional deficiencies, in which case you should only be taking things based on your blood test results.

If you really want nutritional supplements, you can probably make your own or buy something at a regular store for much cheaper. What are you looking for? Meal replacements? Something to add to your day? The Amazing Grass and Amazing Meal powders have some pretty good reviews. Still pricey, but way cheaper than the MLM stuff. They are also readily available at places like Whole Foods.

Have you adjusted your daily calorie goal down as you lose weight? The smaller you are, the less you need, so if it hasn't been adjusted recently, maybe that is something to look at.
  • edisonsbulb
    edisonsbulb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    ^ what they said
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Neither - try real food....
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    other
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

I've already lost 82lbs total, I am 30lbs away from my goal and it's getting hard! I'm also looking for vitamins and supplements to help my body not just in weightloss but also to just be healthier. I have heard a lot of these two companies. Is either on better than the other? Do y'all know any pros or cons?

Thank you for any information!!!

People who sell either one will tell you theirs are better.
  • KatC_88
    Options
    Thanks guys, I appreciate all your input! I take a multi vitamin and shakes already... I have just been hearing all the buzz about these programs and how good they are for you no matter where you are in your journey. I stay between 1200-1400 cals a day and workout 5-6 days a week...
  • HaelaBaer
    HaelaBaer Posts: 44
    Options
    Are you making your own shakes? If you have to buy a pre packaged shake, then I recommend Advocare. Their meal replacement shakes are flavored to resemble Haagen Das Ice cream, yum! And their Spark drink has a lot of great for you ingredients, for physical as well as mental well being. I know a nice distributor, true; but I'm not gonna push you. The important things are eating healthy and exercise, not meal replacements. But sometimes a little change up can make a difference too. Like instead of having a shake for breakfast, try it for lunch before your workout. Or vice versa!

Congrats on your journey and good luck.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I appreciate all your input! I take a multi vitamin and shakes already... I have just been hearing all the buzz about these programs and how good they are for you no matter where you are in your journey. I stay between 1200-1400 cals a day and workout 5-6 days a week...
    that seems a little extreme.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    that seems a little extreme.

QFT
  • HaelaBaer
    HaelaBaer Posts: 44
    Options
    No, it's good for her size, ht and weight loss desires. I'm supposed to have under 1100 calories.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    No, it's good for her size, ht and weight loss desires. I'm supposed to have under 1100 calories.

With 30 lbs to lose? She should have MFP set to lose 1 lb per week and she should be eating back half of her exercise calories.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    But sometimes a little change up can make a difference too. Like instead of having a shake for breakfast, try it for lunch before your workout. Or vice versa!

LOL...That's why you should never believe anything a "distributor" tells you....
  • KatC_88
    Options

I just read thru this and adjusted my weekly loss to a pound a week... I do eat back half of my excersise cals usually, Not always. I make shakeology replacement shakes, I usually have them for breakfast.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

With 30 lbs to lose? She should have MFP set to lose 1 lb per week and she should be eating back half of her exercise calories.

QFT
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

No one should need that little unless they are under 4 feet tall or under 7 years old. Sorry
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

I just read thru this and adjusted my weekly loss to a pound a week... I do eat back half of my excersise cals usually, Not always. I make shakeology replacement shakes, I usually have them for breakfast.

If you like them, I guess it's not a huge deal. Just understand they're overpriced and nothing special. Just make sure you're getting proper balanced nutrition. I've never, ever had anything geared towards weight loss. It's all just about staying accountable and moderation ;)
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Alternatively, invest the money in a good blender,e.g. Blendtec or Vitamix, and make your own shakes with veggies. They have the same amount of calories as Herbalife and it comes cheaper.

I use Herbalife from time to time, but since I bought my Blendtec I prefer my own smoothies.
    Stef.