Weekend eating will be the death of me

Options
2»

Replies

• grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    You're definitely not the only one. That was a big problem for me in the beginning (and sometimes can prove challenging from time to time) but all I can do it my best with each situation.
  • debbiesats
    debbiesats Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Not sure why this is a problem - my weekends are usually just over maintenance level but my average across the whole week balances out at a loss
    I've heard a lot of people agonising over this and others that preach consistency - if that works for you then great.
    For me, going 'over budget' at the weekend with wine and/or food choices is what has kept me here for months rather than giving up on a stricter regime in as many weeks.
    I might have lost more by now if I'd stuck to goal 7 days every week but knowing myself I'm pretty sure I'd have thrown in the towel by now and be back at square one or worse
    For me this isn't a diet it's a long term change in my eating and exercising habits and that's sustainable by having a not so strict weekend.
  • denise31992
    denise31992 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    So does anyone have any tips?
  • McCrabby
    McCrabby Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    111lbs and complaining about how eating on the weekends is an issue. Gimme a break LOL. This is the single most insulting thing most fit people can do. Complain about how they can't lose more weight. It's an insult to the actual struggle some people have with weight.

Wow. That's aggressive. Just because it's not what you would consider a struggle, doesn't mean it isn't a real and legitimate struggle for someone else. They're trying to live and eat in a healthful way and are encountering roadblocks.... Belittling that is not only unkind, but fails in your effort to make any point outside of the assumptions that you're reacting out of jealous anger.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    So does anyone have any tips?

Eat a little less on weekdays and workout a little more on the weekend. That has worked for me.
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I have do the same thing. Usually Friday and Sat I'm over. I make sure I am only over a lot one day of the weekend or try to average them out. So for example I eat 1600 cals this Friday I had a binge at 2300 cals Sat 1600 so four days this week have to be at 1550 to even it out for my week total. I have found I like doing this because then I can have a bit of a cheat snack or meal one day a week. I will still be over in the end but not as horribly as if I ate bad a fews days or went crazy over. It is okay to go over the key is to not make it a huge number and not do it all the time. We are human and will slip up just don't let it define you.
  • pilatesXOpixie
    pilatesXOpixie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    111lbs and complaining about how eating on the weekends is an issue. Gimme a break LOL. This is the single most insulting thing most fit people can do. Complain about how they can't lose more weight. It's an insult to the actual struggle some people have with weight.

Wow. That's aggressive. Just because it's not what you would consider a struggle, doesn't mean it isn't a real and legitimate struggle for someone else. They're trying to live and eat in a healthful way and are encountering roadblocks.... Belittling that is not only unkind, but fails in your effort to make any point outside of the assumptions that you're reacting out of jealous anger.

Preach.

I find the single most insulting thing someone much heavier than I can do, is act like I don't struggle to lose/maintain my weight.
  • thrillho3
    thrillho3 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It's nice to hear people struggle with this too.

I've found that sticking to vodka-sodas and making time to exercise one weekend day (I like a relaxing yoga session or bike ride as opposed to my weekday Jillian torture fest) helps out a LOT. Split those desserts, get the salad with the dressing on the side, walk to the restaurant, go out dancing.

Also, yes, if you can save 100 cal/day Mon/Tues/Weds/Thurs, then you have 400 "in the bank" for the weekend :)
  • SPeffer1
    SPeffer1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

I'm 106 lbs and 5'3" and I can still say weekends are tougher. Not really sure why someone who is smaller doesn't have the right to admit that it's not easy. I am thin b/c I'm typically careful about how I eat. I have treats, but you better believe they were planned for and the workout has been done 95% of the time. Perhaps those "fit" people have just been working hard to BE and STAY fit.

My sister gets annoyed when she sees me turn down treats that others are eating b/c I'm "so thin". Well yes I am, but if I ate like she does and never worked out - I wouldn't be!

I planned for a treat this weekend and had it and it was wonderful. But now when my friends and dh are going out for pizza and ice cream tonight - I won't be going. Primarily because my son has to be in bed before they are even eating, but still - I make a plan and I stick to it the majority of the time.