Pregnant and Overweight

Options
poesch77
poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
Looking for other pregnant ladies who are still tracking and exercising. I just found out I am 5 wks and this is my 3rd pregnancy. I started here 3/2011 when my 2nd child was 3 months old. I lost 65lbs but have gained back 20lbs in the last year. I still am about 45-50lbs from goal. I don't want to gain more than 20lbs with this pregnancy. Please add me if you are in the same boat to support each other!

Replies

• poesch77
    Options
    Anyone?
  • Tight_Fit
    Tight_Fit Posts: 453
    Options
    I went from 240 lbs to 155 lbs, currently 16 weeks pregnant, have gained 10 lbs with pregnancy, still logging and trying to gain around 20 lbs with pregnancy also. Feel free to add.
  • poesch77
    Options
    No pregnant overweight ladies out there?
  • Rouko
    Rouko Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was 40lbs overweight when I found out I was pregnant (the same as you, I found out at 5 weeks) Im at 33 weeks this week. This is my first child. I ended up being too sick most of the time to do anything else but walk.... and sometimes I gave up on eating ALL of the right things. I started at 185lbs and I'm up to 220 now.... I REALLY don't want to gain anymore, but I know I will because he's packing on the weight now :-)

I wish you luck though! I'm nearing the end and looking up info and other members results with Hip Hop Abs and Focus T25 because that is what I was planning on doing once I was cleared for exercise.
  • poesch77
    Options
    I have done Hip Hop Abs....I am an exercise pro...and found it too easy! I am NOT stopping exercise as I have been so active since having kid #2 and DR has okayed it so far. I still have 50lbs to lose from before....AHHH! Hoping to not gain as much as the first 2 pregnancies.....hoping ****. Will continue to workout and log until the end!
  • poesch77
    Options
    could use a few more preggos who are still logging--- :bigsmile:
  • hstoblish
    hstoblish Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Just so that folks have some hope around this: I started my pregnancy at 165 (quite overweight for my slight 5'3" frame), got up to 195, then came back down to 165 in about 6 months from exercise and eating well, stalled out there and then discovered MPF. My kid is 16 months old and I'm down to 133.

If I can give one piece of advice: be gentle with yourselves right now. You're doing great work and if you eat well and look after yourself, you'll eventually get back into shape.

Good luck!