No Alcohol April

Options
I can't believe I'm thinking about doing this. Alcohol is probably a good part of why I haven't been able to lose weight in months. Anyone else out there that's crazy and bold enough to try this with me?

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Meeeeeeee!!!!
  • fragileelegance
    fragileelegance Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Meeeeeeee!!!!

Yay, we can do this!!!!!!!!!
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Ok. It's time for me to do this. I started drinking daily over a year ago to help me cope with pain, but I don't have pain any more. I used to sip like a lady, now I chug! So yeah. I can't believe I'm saying this (must be the wine talking), but I'm in!!
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I started on March 14th with an alcohol-free month. I didn't think it was going to be hard, as I've never been much of a drinker, and I'd had a year of sobriety in the past. I can honestly say that I've thought about drinking every single day. It's difficult and I applaud anyone who takes up this challenge voluntarily.

<3<3<3
  • fragileelegance
    Options
    I started on March 14th with an alcohol-free month. I didn't think it was going to be hard, as I've never been much of a drinker, and I'd had a year of sobriety in the past. I can honestly say that I've thought about drinking every single day. It's difficult and I applaud anyone who takes up this challenge voluntarily.

<3<3<3

Thank you, I'm really nervous about this but I need to challenge myself. You're almost there, kudos to you as well!
  • byronyucker
    byronyucker Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I used to drink almost everyday to deal with my pain. Now I'm trying so hard to quit for good. I usually catch myself drinking every 1-2 weeks and I want to be completely done with it.
  • fragileelegance
    Options
    Ok. It's time for me to do this. I started drinking daily over a year ago to help me cope with pain, but I don't have pain any more. I used to sip like a lady, now I chug! So yeah. I can't believe I'm saying this (must be the wine talking), but I'm in!!

Yessss, welcome to the challenge, we can do it!!
  • fragileelegance
    Options
    I used to drink almost everyday to deal with my pain. Now I'm trying so hard to quit for good. I usually catch myself drinking every 1-2 weeks and I want to be completely done with it.

You're better than me, I drink every weekend. I look forward to every fri-sun because that's when i fill myself up with alcohol. I need to stop too. I would love to drink every day but I know i'd blow up like a house.

Going from every day to 1-2 weeks is great, this could be the push you (and I) need!
  • jcreazy
    jcreazy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'll join, I don't drink but I'll do it with everybody.
  • byronyucker
    byronyucker Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    We can do this, starting today I'm not going to drink anymore. We just need to say no.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Please wake me when it's ALL the alcohol August.
  • fragileelegance
    Options
    I'll join, I don't drink but I'll do it with everybody.

Thank you for your support!!!
  • fragileelegance
    Options
    Please wake me when it's ALL the alcohol August.

HAHA, just in time for my birthday lol
  • StevenH74
    StevenH74 Posts: 129
    Options
    I have just signed back up after many many failed. Booze is my biggest problem, no doubt. I am actually getting twitchy as I type this but go on then. I'm in!
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have just signed back up after many many failed. Booze is my biggest problem, no doubt. I am actually getting twitchy as I type this but go on then. I'm in!

I thought about leaving this alone, but the nurse in me can't. I used to work in a detox ICU so I saw firsthand what heavy drinkers go through when they're trying to quit, and it's barbaric to quit cold turkey. If you're already twitchy, stopping cold turkey can be dangerous without medical supervision. At least tell someone close to you that you're doing this so they can check on you daily. Or have someone around to help JUST IN CASE you become confused, agitated, or you begin to hallucinate (usually by day 2). I hope you have a good support system. Best wishes. :flowerforyou:
  • edisonsbulb
    edisonsbulb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    April Fool's! Right? .....right?
  • geeky_nerd
    geeky_nerd Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm on my 8th day without beer currently! Beer is one of the main empty calories for me and if I want to loose weight it's going to have to be cut out of my diet. I don't drink "hard liquor" so that's not an issue for me, here is to a beer free April. :)
  • brinabj
    brinabj Posts: 28
    Options
    Awww man i'm definitely down for this I've cut it down to 2x a month but i wanna cut it out for good
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    Holy crap. I so want to do this, I just don't know if I can actually do it. It may be a sign that after finishing a few articles on the web about how to cut down on drinking, I run into this thread. I am sick and tired of polishing off a bottle of whiskey and beers every weekend.... Any tips, feel free to send my way please!
  • MaddieCakes06
    MaddieCakes06 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited about this thread! I had the thought this weekend to cut out alcohol for a month to see what it could do so I'm so happy to have the support on this thread!

I'm really good at sticking to a healthy eating plan Sunday-Thursday without alcohol but Friday/Saturdays are killer for me and this needs to stop, its really slowing down my progress.

We can do it!