How do I stop myself from drinking

I always try to quit drinking alcohol but I always end up drinking again. I don't really like going out to bars
or anything and I try to say no when my friends ask.

Replies

• Alairissa
    Alairissa Posts: 160 Member
    There is a drug out there that makes you vomit when you drink alcohol. and when I say vomit I mean a lot. If you do that a few times you will soon have aversion to alcohol. Have fun googling.
  • byronyucker
    byronyucker Posts: 49 Member
    Interesting.
  • magurski
    magurski Posts: 45 Member
    Antabuse (aka disulfiram). Mostly prescribe to alcoholics. Honestly, if you're not seriously abusing alcohol, and if you can fit it into your macros, I don't recommend it. While it works, it's a long-term solution to what *should* be a short-term problem for most people. If you go low-carb, cut out beers and sugary liquers. If you go other ways, you need to cut out other alcohols. If you can't cut out alcohol at all, look into the drugs, though negative reinforcement may not be the best approach if you have any self-control. Knowing what you can or can't drink is usually a better solution, IMHO...
  • byronyucker
    byronyucker Posts: 49 Member
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Get non-alcoholic version and fit it in your macros if it will help with teaching yourself to say no.