SNACKS

Options
I love my food way too much. I'm eating my three mains well to help get rid of my weight but I really would love some advice for snacking. I'm having trouble trying to think of healthy, low just about everything, food that I can snack on..... It hits the worst while I'm studying. Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Replies

• QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I like snacking on any kind of fresh fruit or vegetable. Sometimes a peanut butter sandwich if I'm having a late dinner.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I like hummus and any kind of raw vegetables - carrots, bell peppers, cauliflower, etc...
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    A possibility might be to eat slightly more in your meals and eschew snacking altogether. Cordon off 3 times a day you eat and that's it. Keeps it simple.
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Orville Redenbacher's 94% fat free SmartPop butter flavored popcorn. 15 cal per cup. :smile:
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I'm a grazer, so I tend to eat several small meals and snacks throughout the day. Some of my favorites are sardines canned in water (An acquired taste.. You have to really like fish!), skimmed yogurt (I eat it fresh, but you can add a bit of mint, cucumber, garlic, and salt for a yummy tasting savory treat!), cucumbers (or just about any other vegetable), instant cream of wheat (100 calories a sachet!), and cottage cheese with vanilla protein powder (blended up with crushed ice and frozen for an hour, it has the exact taste and consistency of ice cream with tons of protein and very little fat, depending on whether you bought full-fat, 2%, or fat-free). Hope this helps! :flowerforyou:
  • Thunderfan66
    Thunderfan66 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I like hummus and any kind of raw vegetables - carrots, bell peppers, cauliflower, etc...

I second this.......in the afternoon I have 50g hummus and 100g of carrot and capsicum sticks. It's quite filling.