Recovered anorexic needing advice and guidance please?

Options
CeriGrindrod
CeriGrindrod Posts: 120 Member
First of all. My diary is open feel free to add me asa friend and look through.

Firstly I have gained 50lbs :flowerforyou:
Secondly, now I wanna eat and not gain weight so I have been on iifym.com and I've been following their advice... However I am still gaining.
I have never been a UK size 12 before, and right now I am.. And I don't want toe get any bigger.
Before anorexia I was always a slim 6-8, of course at the time I wasn't happy but now I look back I remember having house parties every weekend, eating takeaways and eating what I felt like during the week, of course being in a sports college it was always healthy options but I never counted a single calorie nor macro, I used to drunk lucozade before fitness tests and eat a twin with a cup of tea (always milk and 2 sugars back then).
I can't do any of this any more.. And I keep gaining... Back then I was 7st6-10 (47kg)always varying, of course back then I thought I was fat but looking back I was slim.... And healthy.
Now being 9st1lb (57.7kg) my BMI is high and I'm not happy... I want to slim down but i just keep gaining.... I'm only 5.06 (154cm) .... Help???

I am 20 years old.... Help please :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    My advice is work with your doctor or medical team since you have an eating disorder.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Unless a user is a licensed medical professional, no one here should be giving you advice. That's not meant to be an offense, it's just that with your history, you should not be listening to randos on the internet. You need to work with a doctor and probably a therapist to sort this out. Good luck to you.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary and you are barely eating. It's not healthy to live on only 500-600 calories a day. If you are working with a dietician, please ask your dietician to advise you on the amount of calories that you should be eating.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    You are still logging 500-600 calories a day, so I would say that you have not recovered yet. I would definitely go to a doctor that specializes in eating disorders and get into therapy to help you recover.
  • Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I second what everyone else has been saying. With your history of an eating disorder, you should be working with a medical professional. My younger sister had bulimia in high school and she worked with a therapist who specialize in eating disorders and part of her treatment was to work with a dietician to make sure she was on track. Good luck to you!
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Things don't work as they normally doing after recovering from anorexia or a VLCD. Your best option is to consult with a doctor.