Query regarding my Fitbit Flex and MFP

Options
I have just bought a Fitbit Flex. Earlier I just used MFP to measure the calories lost. The deal is that I play badminton every morning for about 90 minutes and I log the details in my MFP account, If I keep wearing the Fitbit band, it might count my movements as the steps taken. So Should I stop wearing the wrist band while playing badminton?

Kindly help.

Replies

• dimple_gal
    dimple_gal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Why don't you want to count those steps? That's just the kind I would want to count, as they should also be registering in your activity minutes. I'd rather count those steps than leisure steps, like shopping.
  • aliciamarieUF
    aliciamarieUF Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I also have the fitbit. I would let the fitbit count your steps for you during that time and not log it manually.
  • easjer
    easjer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Have you linked MFP and your flex? When you link them, you have the option to log in either location. I log in MFP when I'm doing something that may not be best reflected by a step-count (yoga, strength training, etc.). Once you're linked, MFP gives you the option of entering a start time. Use that. Then the is relayed to fitbit, you aren't double counting. It allows the fitbit data to be overriden during the period of time.

Useful if you are burning more energy during that exercise than might be counted just by steps.

If I'm vacuuming, say, I wouldn't count that, the steps are fine. If I'm cleaning my tub, I will count that because the efforts of bending and stretching aren't accounted for with fitbit.
  • chetan04
    chetan04 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Have you linked MFP and your flex? When you link them, you have the option to log in either location. I log in MFP when I'm doing something that may not be best reflected by a step-count (yoga, strength training, etc.). Once you're linked, MFP gives you the option of entering a start time. Use that. Then the is relayed to fitbit, you aren't double counting. It allows the fitbit data to be overriden during the period of time.

Useful if you are burning more energy during that exercise than might be counted just by steps.

If I'm vacuuming, say, I wouldn't count that, the steps are fine. If I'm cleaning my tub, I will count that because the efforts of bending and stretching aren't accounted for with fitbit.

Yep! You understood me perfectly.. Thank you! I already found this option and did it! I log my badminton minutes in my MFP with the specified time where I obviously lose more calories than just walking!

Thanks everyone!
  • NWfluffy
    NWfluffy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have a related question. My Fitbit and MFP have been synching beautifully -- until I lost my Fitbit yesterday. How do I turn off the synch until I find it or get a new one? Right now my exercise calories are really messed up. Thanks!
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options

Yep! You understood me perfectly.. Thank you! I already found this option and did it! I log my badminton minutes in my MFP with the specified time where I obviously lose more calories than just walking!

Thanks everyone!

Yep. It will log the steps as just steps (for the counter) but won't assign calorie burn to those steps.
  • twkelly
    twkelly Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have a related question. My Fitbit and MFP have been synching beautifully -- until I lost my Fitbit yesterday. How do I turn off the synch until I find it or get a new one? Right now my exercise calories are really messed up. Thanks!

on MFP page, click Apps link. On Apps page click Fitbit link. On next page click Disconnect.
  • Journeygirl
    Journeygirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Oh! So sorry you lost your Fitbit. To disconnect click on Apps heading. Under featured app, you'll see Fitbit tracker. Click on the words Fitbit tracker. It will take you to a screen where you will see disconnect. I would think that's it, but I didn't click it because I didn't want to disconnect mine.
  • Chiefmanykeys
    Chiefmanykeys Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oh! So sorry you lost your Fitbit. To disconnect click on Apps heading. Under featured app, you'll see Fitbit tracker. Click on the words Fitbit tracker. It will take you to a screen where you will see disconnect. I would think that's it, but I didn't click it because I didn't want to disconnect mine.
    I tried to disconnect the FitBit Flex from both websites, the MFP and FitBit sites. I find, even though they no longer appear as being connected....there are still remnants of the FitBit Flex left in the MFP app. Under the "Progress" button, at the top under "Select a measurement", the 2 remnants left by FitBit are listed as "FitBit tracked sleep minutes" and "FitBit steps".
    This does effect the workings of the app software because I cannot get proper readings for my new band the Withings Pulse 02 in both categories of steps and sleep monitoring.

Any help as to how to remove the FitBit from MFP app software completely would be most appreciated!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I would log Badminton on MFP and overwrite the steps tbh