Jarv Heart Rate Monitor + Elliptical?

Options
leggup
leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
I have a Jarv heart rate monitor and I'm trying to find a way to log elliptical exercises as I'm doing them so that the heart rate is used to calculate calories burned. I normally use RunKeeper, which is great for walks/runs outdoors. All I have to do is hit START and then STOP when I'm done and boom, 150 calories burned. I can also monitor my heart rate through RunKeeper while I'm running/walking since the Jarv doesn't have its own display.

The problem is that RunKeeper doesn't have the ability to 'live' log elliptical. I tried using "other," but then it only logs time, not calories (although I can see my heart rate while I'm going). It looks like MFP also just lets you log at the end.

Is there another app that will help log elliptical workouts with a heart rate monitor (or a secret way of doing this with RunKeeper?), preferably something that will sync with MFP.

Thank you!

Replies

• vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    You may want to take a look at the Apps category in the top navigation bar. Lots of apps in there, that I'm assuming can sync up with MFP.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have most of those and I still haven't found one that can track an elliptical session in progress (vs just adding the number of calories, miles, and minutes manually at the end). I know that I will have to enter the miles manually, but I want the heart rate data to send to the app while I'm working out.
  • mattmez462
    Options
    I have a Jarv heart rate monitor and I'm trying to find a way to log elliptical exercises as I'm doing them so that the heart rate is used to calculate calories burned. I normally use RunKeeper, which is great for walks/runs outdoors. All I have to do is hit START and then STOP when I'm done and boom, 150 calories burned. I can also monitor my heart rate through RunKeeper while I'm running/walking since the Jarv doesn't have its own display.

The problem is that RunKeeper doesn't have the ability to 'live' log elliptical. I tried using "other," but then it only logs time, not calories (although I can see my heart rate while I'm going). It looks like MFP also just lets you log at the end.

Is there another app that will help log elliptical workouts with a heart rate monitor (or a secret way of doing this with RunKeeper?), preferably something that will sync with MFP.

Thank you!

Just wondering if you figured it out. I'm looking at the Jarv right now on Amazon and am considering it... and the elliptical is exactly what I want it for!
  • betsyeaton1972
    Options
    I am also looking for an answer to this question.