Something new...

Options
I have tried many diets and I have always had the most success with Weight Watchers, but lately I have been unable to get back on the wagon. So I decided it is time for something new! I searched around for sites that you track your goals, meals and exercise and this was by far my favorite. The added bonus is the iphone app and the profiles. My little sister and a friend from work signed up also. Yesterday was my first day and it was easier than I thought to stay in my calorie limit, my challenge is going to be on the weekends when I go out. Every year all of my girlfriends go to an Oktoberfest together and it is this weekend... any suggestions for how I can control myself with all the food and beer that I will be around?

Replies

• nicipoo
    Options
    Increase your physical activity...try to limit the alcohol consumption...keep a bottle of water with you...DANCE..never been to an actual Oktoberfest, but I have heard such funny stories...enjoy yourself and try to make some healthy food choice decisions...
  • melllyw
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I joined this site because my mom has been such an inspiration to me! She has lost 35lbs by using this site! She looks so good and her overall health is improving! I would like to be at a healthier weight myself. I never realized how many calories were actually in what I was eating. What a wakeup call! My goal is to lose about 10lbs!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    Welcome Erincz84!

I suggest you preplan your indulgences this weekend. If you decide what you absolutely MUST eat and drink at the 'Fest, then pre-log it here, you will better be able to control what you do when you're there. For example, maybe you think you'll want 4 cups of beer and some sausage, warm potato salad, and some streudel for dessert. Enter it into MFP now, and see what needs to be done to ensure you don't go over TOO much. Maybe you'll need to cut back on the beer, or have a smaller serving of potato salad? Play with the food choices in a general way.

And you could workout early, before you go, to earn even more calories. If you run a couple of miles, do an hour on the elliptical, or lift weights for a 90 minutes, you can have a few hundred calories to spend.

Good luck, have fun, and dedicate one of those beers to me :)