REintroduce yourself!

mavsfan2009
mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Well, I wouldn't call this introducting myself as I would call it REintroducing myself. I joined MFP last year when I lived in Houston and loved it. But, I got a new job, got busy, and kind of dropped off the MFP face of the world. In February I started training for a marathon, ran the San Diego Marathon in June with Team in Training (GO TEAM!), and felt better than I ever have in my life. However, since getting back (and I hear this happens) I have completely stopped running and started eating more unhealthy than ever. I was getting dressed yesterday and realized ALL of my clothes are too tight now. So, it's time to get back in shape, lose some weight, and get healthy...and I'm excited about it!

Replies

• MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Welcome back!! Congratulations on the San Diego Marathon; that's GREAT!! What an accomplishment! I just ran my first race (4 miles) this past Saturday, and would love to run a full marathon eventually. Feel free to send me a friend request if you wish. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging, helpful people and posts over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Congrats on running a marathon! Maybe one day I will too but first need to run my first 5K.

At least you know weight loss is possible, you did it before so you are more than capable of doing it again! Welcome back to MFP.
  • I can totally sympathise! I trained and ran my first triathlon this summer and had a great time training for it, felt super fit and healthy... then after I did (and kicked *kitten* by the way!) I just stopped training. Dumb idea. My clothes are tight and I feel like I have an extra layer of chub all over my body, so I'm back on the fitness train now too!

I think that having goals really helps me keep on track, so my plan for the next year is to sign up for a few races with friends and never have the feeling that i have "done" the race because there'll always be the next one!
This discussion has been closed.