Taco Bell breakfast

Options
1235»

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Perhaps his point is that it's loaded with sodium and fat, with plenty of saturated fat, is caloricly dense and yet is not particularly satiating. Hopefully the meat is actually meat (you never know with taco bell...) but either way, it's far from what most would consider "quality" food. That said, convenience oftentimes wins out over quality, so I'm sure taco bell will sell plenty of these things.

Fat is necessary and so is sodium. At least in a balanced diet. *shrug* :ohwell:

Sure, if you're tracking everything you can make it work, but for most people who don't track their food I'd wager that it's a poor choice. Either way, it's far from quality, but to each their own.

Quality is rather subjective. And on a site where people are counting those things, one would think that they are tracking their food. Not liking something does not assess its quality. It is true, to each their own.

high-five-cat.gif

To a cat, canned tuna is quality.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Perhaps his point is that it's loaded with sodium and fat, with plenty of saturated fat, is caloricly dense and yet is not particularly satiating. Hopefully the meat is actually meat (you never know with taco bell...) but either way, it's far from what most would consider "quality" food. That said, convenience oftentimes wins out over quality, so I'm sure taco bell will sell plenty of these things.

Fat is necessary and so is sodium. At least in a balanced diet. *shrug* :ohwell:

Sure, if you're tracking everything you can make it work, but for most people who don't track their food I'd wager that it's a poor choice. Either way, it's far from quality, but to each their own.

Quality is rather subjective. And on a site where people are counting those things, one would think that they are tracking their food. Not liking something does not assess its quality. It is true, to each their own.

high-five-cat.gif

To a cat, canned tuna is quality.

I can watch this all day
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Regardless of calorie or macro content it's pure trash IMO.

You don't care about calories or nutrients?

Not sure where you got that I don't care. Whether it's 1000 calories or 5, the QUALITY (i.e. number of chemicals, amount of processing, etc.) of those calories are pure trash.

^Trash shaming

giphy.gif
  • mhiggi02
    mhiggi02 Posts: 5,988 Member
    Options
    I had one this morning.....OMG!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    If I am going to use up over 800 calories for breakfast, I'm going for a real breakfast where someone comes to my table and puts down a plate of eggs, bacon, toast, hashed browns and a good cup of coffee. That is a special occasion breakfast for me because it would be over half of my calories.

No thanks on eating breakfast at Taco Bell.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    The bacon waffle taco apparently clocks in at a quite reasonable calorie total. I'd absolutely have one if the taco bell in my town were open for breakfast. :grumble:
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Despite what you hear, you CAN eat healthy eating out regularly, just not exclusively. I eat once a day, and the day before yesterday, I had 7 tacos (crunchy with fire sauce) and a juice with raw apple cider vinegar for a cool 1,370 calories. I don't usually eat like that, but the advantage of doing so on the go is that the calories are counted for you and it's easy to get your daily intake without the hassle of preparing food or worrying about overdoing it.

I don't mind a monthly Taco Bell fix. Enjoy it when you want to.