Maya Dyra

Options
Hi, I'm Maya, 25 years old. 5'3'', 125 pounds, trying to reach a weight of 100 pounds.

I live in Taiwan. Going to a swimming pool tomorrow to enquire about prices.

I like art, nature, ice skating, snorkeling, swimming (haven't done that yet in Taiwan, didn't do it in the UK either), singing, and I'm a vegetarian and the owner of a beagle :) I like fashion especially Italian designers like Versace and Dolce & Gabbana.

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    ...and here's hoping that you didn't actually put your real name as your screen name and subject line.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    ...and here's hoping that you didn't actually put your real name as your screen name and subject line.

This topic also sounds like she thinks this is a dating site.
  • MayaDyra
    MayaDyra Posts: 90
    Options
    Oh erm well I'm not revealing private info or anything. No I don't think this is a dating site...I thought that this is the introduction section. Am I right?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Seriously.

giphy.gif
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options

Seriously.

giphy.gif

I <3 Mia ! She's so adorable.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    09725dae6f8c1ebb7e036f73577ecffd6d3a936.gif
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Oh erm well I'm not revealing private info or anything. No I don't think this is a dating site...I thought that this is the introduction section. Am I right?

It is :flowerforyou:

Welcome to MFP! Swimming is a great form of exercise, but you sound like you are at a great weight already. If you don't mind a little friendly advice, I'd say look into strength training if you are unhappy with how you look rather than the number on the scale. Toning may keep you at the same weight but make you look slimmer.

Again welcome =)
  • MayaDyra
    Options
    Thanks Josalinn - by strength training, what do u mean specifically? Hehe
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Welp, we got A/S/L down.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Um, well lifting weights. Or if you don't have access to weights, like at a gym or don't want to buy them for your home (can be expensive!) You can do body weight exercises such as squats, lunges, pushups, pull-ups(I can't do these), tricep dips, and loads of other things. I think there are a bunch of threads on this so you can look for them.

A good program is strong lifts. This is a group of ladies who do strong lifts. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women.

Another good group is http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    09725dae6f8c1ebb7e036f73577ecffd6d3a936.gif

*pulls up chair beside you*
  • MayaDyra
    Options
    Thank U! Yes I am a member of a gym and I do jump-squats, lunges, half situps. Thank U very much for the links :)
  • nuna22
    nuna22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi

I do think the goal is a bit too low, because at 5'3" and 100lbs your BMI would turn out to 17.7 which is below normal (18.5-24.9). So perhaps you don't want to aim at such a target and look too skinny and unhealthy. But that shouldn't be the complete picture, but please just be careful, too skinny isn't helpful.

And knowing from your last post "feeling sad", I feel like you are letting a boy impact your confidence about yourself, and affect how you look after your body. Such guys are not worth it. If someone left because they didn't find you skinny enough then something is seriously wrong with them. Please, I hope you take the advice wisely, it's easy to develop an eating disorder because of someone's harsh words. It is your body, the goal is to be fit, not skinny to please someone.

Take care.