Tips for water consumption

Options
2»

Replies

• Dreya711
    Dreya711 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I add lemon/lime/mint leaves/strawberries/oranges or whatever I have on hand to my water. It gives it some taste and makes it go down much easier :)
  • Freeburrd
    Freeburrd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This might be TMI - but my doc told me to just make sure my pee is clear. So - if it's yellow.. you're not getting enough. I check the color of my pee and if it's too yellow.. I down more water! It's like my own little science experiment. LOL.. it works!!!
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I keep a big water bottle at my desk at work and keep sipping all day. It's 32 oz and I fill it 3 times. The extra bathroom breaks help me get more activity in my day too.

I haven't figure out a good system for myself on the weekends yet, but this works for me 5 out of 7 days, which is better than never getting enough water.
  • bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I drink through a straw. I don't know why, it sounds weird, but it helps.

Me too!!! I can drink a ton of water that way.
  • KTemple1
    KTemple1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I do the pee check, too! I also set specific time frames for myself. I have an hour commute, so I make myself finish my water bottle (~28 oz) on the way in, another before lunch, and another after lunch. If I go to the gym that night, I know that I'll end up drinking another full bottle, but even if I don't, I've ended up with about 12-13 cups by the end of the day. Downside is that I'm constantly using the bathroom!
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    I add lemon/lime/mint leaves/strawberries/oranges or whatever I have on hand to my water. It gives it some taste and makes it go down much easier :)

Great idea....

I use different flavors of MIO with electrolytes in my 24oz water bottlle at work. Have another 24 oz bottle at the house.
    Drink at least 3 bottles at work.
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    I keep a 16 oz water bottle at my desk at work... I drink until I empty one every 30-90 mins... refill, start over. At home I can only handle bottled water so-- I buy the cases... 4-8 of those per day :)
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm NEVER without my 48oz Nalgene. Never. I pee pretty much 1x an hour even at work (yeah, not annoying AT ALL) but I REALLY notice it if I drink under a gallon a day. My hands get dry, I feel itchy. . .I've been drinking a gallon+ a day for over a year and my body NEEDS it.

If you can't hit 8x8oz, you're not working out hard enough.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I keep a big water bottle at my desk at work and keep sipping all day. It's 32 oz and I fill it 3 times. The extra bathroom breaks help me get more activity in my day too.

I haven't figure out a good system for myself on the weekends yet, but this works for me 5 out of 7 days, which is better than never getting enough water.

This is so me, 5 days a week while at work I drink my water but on weekends I tend not to drink much of anything, need to work on that.

OP I too have a 32 oz cup at work with a straw and I fill it 2-3 times a day.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I have a 64oz water "bottle" (read jug) with a handle and a straw. I typically drink two of them, but I love water.

water_bottle_8274Purple.jpg

you can get it here.

http://www.coolgearinc.com/water-bottles/extra-large-cold-jug-chugger.html
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Gallon jug. Fill it and drink it daily.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I drink water constantly throughout the day-wherever I am, I keep a bottle/cup nearby, and it makes me drink it. The flavor packets aren't necessary for me, but a lot of people say they really help if you can't get into drinking plain water.
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I never go any where without my water bottle. They have 18oz bottles at Walmart that come apart to put in ice. Love it.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I drink through a straw. I don't know why, it sounds weird, but it helps.

it's easier.

I had a boston market big drink - lid and straw- not sure why but it's easier to keep drinking when you can just use the straw.

Totally agree.

That being said I keep a water bottle at my desk and make sure I drink and refill it as often as possible- helps me get up and walk to the bathroom more as well.
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I like COLD water....I have a 16 oz. container I keep at work and fill it up at least 3-4 times a day. At home I use a big cup with a straw and again...like it really cold. I somehow can drink more that way!
  • miashbee
    miashbee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I hate water as well, and I can't sip it throughout the day. That's why I just chug 16 oz of water 4 times a day. First thing in the morning, before lunch, before dinner, and right before bed.

I don't hate water, but this is what I do :). I just have to make sure my water is COLD!
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I drink my water with flavor drops and also through a straw.
  • StellarSquid
    StellarSquid Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    As someone that used to absolutely loathe the taste of water and only drank soda and sugary drinks non-stop, I now drink well over the recommended 8 cups a day without any issue! I also hate soda now, and the very same sugary drinks I used to drink in excess are too much for me now.

I began by buying zero-calorie flavored water, and chugging those throughout the day to wean myself off of other drinks. Once I took a liking to those and stopped craving kool-aid and soda, I found a brand or two of bottled water that I REALLY loved and always kept a stock of those in my room, and one one my person wherever I went. (Ice Mountain is still my favorite!)

Now water and hot tea make up all of my water consumption for the day, and I actually CRAVE water. I just keep a 24 oz water bottle on me at all times, and fill it a minimum of four times a day. To prevent myself from getting bored of drinking plain water, which I often do, I keep a few of those those "on the go" crystal lite packets on me as well. I aim to drink 2 full bottles of plain water, and 2 bottles with the flavor add-ins each day, and it's worked great for me! :]

I try to switch up flavors of the flavors I add as often as possible, to keep the flavors "fresh" for me, and alternate between Lipton green tea packets, Crystal lite flavors, and Mio and similar things.