Random question

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Well, I get paid to write, so in a way I'm doing what I wanted. But I'm not (yet) getting paid to write novels, so I'm not doing EXACTLY what I wanted.

The reason is it's difficult to write a novel and then you have to find a publisher and hopefully an audience. I'm working on it, though.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid/teen I always wanted to be a pediatrician, now that I'm older and have my own children. I realize I don't really like other peoples kids besides my own. I wish all kids to be healthy, but I'll rather not be the person that check their health and provide the medicine.
    Judging from the pediatricians I've known, I don't think most of them like other people's children. You would have fit right in. ;-)
  • Iceberg_Simpson
    Iceberg_Simpson Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    When I was 4, I wanted to be a penguin. Sometimes I waddle in mourning.

Then I wanted to be an "inventor." I kinda invent things now... like excuses. I'm very good at that sort of invention.

I don't think that you should give up on your dream of being a penguin. If you want it badly enough, you can do it.
  • georgieb23
    georgieb23 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Apparently I used to want to be a horse and would eat grass in the back garden. As I've grown older I've realised I don't have enough legs to be a horse and have followed an alternative career path :happy:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a crack *kitten*, but ended up an accountant.

Total suck.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a ghost or a fairy

accomplished both

I've never met a ghost or a fairy before. How do you do?

im decent atm
  • SalemBoSox88
    Options
    I wanted to join the military but a few cuts on my knees and taking Ambien they now say no.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I used to do accessibility testing to make sure that systems developed for the Federal Government are usable by folks with disabilities (especially soldiers returning from war). I liked to think that I was making a difference in someone's life or some greater good. It felt like something with purpose and meaning. I never imagined myself doing this but I think the younger me would be proud.

Now, I'm doing something else and I'd rather go back to that. Younger me would think that I need to lose weight and do something else.
  • Iceberg_Simpson
    Iceberg_Simpson Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    When I was 4, I wanted to be a penguin. Sometimes I waddle in mourning.

Then I wanted to be an "inventor." I kinda invent things now... like excuses. I'm very good at that sort of invention.

I don't think that you should give up on your dream of being a penguin. If you want it badly enough, you can do it.

Prestige Worldwide! Don't give up on your dream!

tumblr_mszu8l7fHN1sfzovyo1_500.gif
  • Ashes_To_Beast
    Ashes_To_Beast Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I guess so, when I was around 10 I saw my dad drive a lift truck and I thought it was the coolest thing in the world.
    Now I run a shipping/receiving department and still love it.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I am, though it was my second choice. I couldn't do my first because of a medical disqualification
  • UneekFitness
    UneekFitness Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I wanted to be in business creating cool things for other people and doing business like things - I know, I was a strange kid. I would always have my younger brothers and sisters, setup the playroom into an office type space and they would be at their desks pretend typing papers and asking me for directions. Wow, I still remember us having the best customer service in the world....we were a busy company =) (good times)

Now, I am happy to say that I have accomplished that "dream". I own a small business (www.kingsigns.net) creating superior signage for great businesses/clients. I work long hours (but I don't mind), I meet new and interesting people everyday and I get to work with my best friend as my business partner!!! I wouldn't have it any other way, I am glad I followed my dream and now I am working on starting a second business! Dreams do come true, with hard work and dedication...anything is possible! So, keep working towards your dreams and goals in all areas of your life. #Nevergiveup #Uneekfitness #Letsgetit
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Every think I wanted, I am doing today. Now I have to dream new dreams. :):heart:
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    I wanted to be a veterinarian... Hated bio classes... I just couldn't get through it in college and changed majors
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    No, I'm not.

Because I'm stuck in my very own version of "It's a Wonderful Life"...
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I'm a neurophysiologist so I'm sure that pretty much answers the question in itself. How many kids want to be a neurophysiologist when they grow up? haha. When I was a kid I wanted to be a comic book artist but that is kind of like wanting to be a rock star. Very few people get those jobs and you really have to have connections to get in with them.
  • Lammo_UK
    Lammo_UK Posts: 61
    Options
    I wanted to be a crack *kitten*, but ended up an accountant.

Funny I wanted to be an accountant & ended up as a crack *kitten*... How ironic is that!!
  • martineyes26
    martineyes26 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be an architect. When I went to college I realized I wanted to retire one day. So I decided to become an art director. Got my degree but now I'm in finance.