Jillian Michaels cleanse

Options
Has anyone ever done the Jillian Michaels 14 day detox cleanse? I really want to give my digestive system a clean start and get rid of toxins and waste. I am thinking of doing this cleanse or any other suggestions.

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Your body gets rid of waste just fine all on its own.
  • WayfarerHWM
    Options
    Your body gets rid of waste just fine all on its own.

This...
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    What "toxins" are you referring to?
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever done the Jillian Michaels 14 day detox cleanse? I really want to give my digestive system a clean start and get rid of toxins and waste. I am thinking of doing this cleanse or any other suggestions.

I've never done any sort of cleanse - 14 day or otherwise. I hope your digestive system gets squeaky clean and the toxins (whatever they are) leave your body. I have no other suggestions (except save your money).
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
  • WayfarerHWM
    Options
    What "toxins" are you referring to?

Also...this...please, name one?
  • Aaron_K123
    Options

I haven't done the Jillian Michaels 14 day cleanse before but I did at one time do the Mexico tap-water 3-day cleanse. Got rid of all of my "toxins"
  • Cresencia7
    Options
    You're body absorbs toxic waste from numerous things such as the air, the food you eat, environmental allergies, medications, bacteria, fungus, yeast, and all the things that can cause you to feel tired, depressed and drowsy. Some people have great digestive systems that work really well and get get rid of these things, others do not and a detox will usually help with this
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    You're body absorbs toxic waste from numerous things such as the air, the food you eat, environmental allergies, medications, bacteria, fungus, yeast, and all the things that can cause you to feel tired, depressed and drowsy. Some people have great digestive systems that work really well and get get rid of these things, others do not and a detox will usually help with this

Yes, people will say many things in order to sell people products they don't need. Just start your exercise program and drink plenty of water.
  • Cresencia7
    Options
    And just so you know, bodybuilders are mostly experts on building muscle mass and sculpting your body, not riding toxic waste.
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    And just so you know, bodybuilders are mostly experts on building muscle mass and sculpting your body, not riding toxic waste.

Okay I'm saying this not to mock or insult but to make this perfectly clear.

Needing to clear your body of "toxins" is just something infomercials say to sell you magic beans. Your body is perfectly capable of filtering out "toxins" unless you have severely damaged your liver due to decades of alcohol abuse. Even in that case giving yourself an enema isn't going to do anything. Its a bunch of B.S.

Oh and before you go on to much about how bacteria are a source of toxins do understand that without the bacteria living communally in our gut right now we would all die. If you want to improve your digestive health take a probiotic. What is a probiotic you might ask. Why its bacteria.
  • Cresencia7
    Options
    I'm obviously not talking about good bacteria. But thank you for the advice. That is helpful.
  • WayfarerHWM
    Options

Okay I'm saying this not to mock or insult but to make this perfectly clear.

Needing to clear your body of "toxins" is just something infomercials say to sell you magic beans. Your body is perfectly capable of filtering out "toxins" unless you have severely damaged your liver due to decades of alcohol abuse. Even in that case giving yourself an enema isn't going to do anything. Its a bunch of B.S.

Oh and before you go on to much about how bacteria are a source of toxins do understand that without the bacteria living communally in our gut right now we would all die. If you want to improve your digestive health take a probiotic. What is a probiotic you might ask. Why its bacteria.

Couldn't have said it better.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options

You are a nursing student. You should know better than this. Yes, there are toxins that we pick up from everywhere. No, detoxes like JM's do not work. It will not clear out any thing that your liver, kidneys, skin wouldn't clear out by themselves. If you were talking about a detox from opiates, or going on dialysis, then that's a different matter...
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I'm obviously not talking about good bacteria. But thank you for the advice. That is helpful.

How exactly do you plan to get the "bad toxins" out without also removing the good bacteria at the same time? Seriously, think about how the cleanse works, and how they claim the toxins will go but the good stuff will stay. That right there should tell you it's hokum.
  • Aaron_K123
    Options

How exactly do you plan to get the "bad toxins" out without also removing the good bacteria at the same time? Seriously, think about how the cleanse works, and how they claim the toxins will go but the good stuff will stay. That right there should tell you it's hokum.

Yup
  • Cresencia7
    Options
    I'm obviously not talking about a chemical dependency detox. I don't really know if some people are trying to be helpful or trying to tell me I'm dumb?? I have a lot of trouble with my digestive system and regulation. I have been trying to drink more fluids but this has not been helping. I do not need your "You are a nursing student" comments.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    If you want your digestive system to work more efficiently, make sure you are eating plenty of fiber, drinking lots of water, and eating enough fat. Many people gloss over the fat, and low fat diets have been the norms for years. However, it is essential for absorption of certain vitamins and for your digestive system to work well.

If that doesn't clear things up, you could try adding yogurt, kefir, or probiotic to your diet. You still won't need a cleanse.
  • WayfarerHWM
    Options
    This will end well...