Hello!

Options
I'm a new user and I want something to show up on my "forum posts" section and maybe...just maybe...my "friends" section. I guess I'll introduce myself.

My name is Jeff, I'm a pilot, and a father of two. I just downloaded myfitnesspal for iPhone to see how I was eating, not necisarrily change anything. Then I saw the numbers! Yikes. It's a wonder I don't weigh 500lbs!

I guess it's time for a change. Who knew what a little information would lead to?

Replies

• MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit -- that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people and helpful posts over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • Rubycherries
    Options
    Welcome! Yup MFP shows you really how much you are eating. When we start this, none of us really knew how many calories we were eating. At least, i didn't knew from my part. Just some small changes to our eating habit can make a huge difference!
  • stargazr246
    Options
    I couldn't agree more, mystka!! This is my first week and really seeing what I'm eating has been huge. I started walking and it's really made a difference. :happy:
  • juic77
    Options
    Hi Jeff, welcome! I'm fairly new here too, and so far MFP has been very helpful to track calories and workouts. It's been an awakening for me, I know that much! Well good luck, and I look forward to seeing more of your posts on here:)
  • jfrabell
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes. Lovin' the site / ap! :)