Do Sauce Recipes Include the Other Ingredients???

Options
Do sauce recipes include the other ingredients in the nutrition info? Reason I ask is I'm making International Three Cheese Sauce Mix to drizzle over my cauliflower. It says for Nutrition Facts: per 1/5 package (7.6g) is 35 calories, 1.5g fat, 4g carbs etc. BUT it says to add 1 1/4 cups of milk to the sauce in its recipe. Am I right to think that I need to calculate my calorie intake for the milk also????

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Does the package say dry, or prepared?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    yes.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options

This. Most will say "as prepared" and will list the ingredients included in the nutri-info, like butter or milk
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Compare what comes up on MFP for calories/nutritonal info to what the package says. Usually listings that don't include that say as much but sometimes they're not specific (you really have to watch as many are user entered and not accurate).

I tend to go with those and then add listings for the milk or whatever else I add. For instance, if I make stove top stuffing, I don't add the whole 4 Tbsp of butter they recommend, I only add 1 or 2 Tbsp. So I go with the listing that's for the dry ingredients and then add the butter as a separate listing.
  • BetesBitch
    BetesBitch Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Neither.
  • BetesBitch
    Options
    International Cheese Mix with 1% milk makes 5 servings. 7g carbs per serving. 63 calories per serving. If you ate the whole package, stats would be this:
    Adl - Low Fat 1% Partly Skimmed Milk, 1.25 cup 138 15 0 11 3 163
    Mccormick International Three Cheese Sauce - 3 Cheese Sauce, 38 gr 175 20 0 5 8 1,350
    Calories Carbs Fiber Protein Fat Sodium
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Yes. 1 1/4 cups of milk has more than 35 calories so it is not included.
  • BetesBitch
    Options
    Im still confused after this though. So once my cheese sauce is prepared, do I still measure 1/5 (7.6g) of a package to gage the amount im going to eat??? Cause it's kinda hard to figure out the carb/calorie amount once the mix and milk are added together!!! Im not gonna measure out 1/5 of sauce mix then 1/5 of the milk - that's impossible......what do I do?