Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt

Options
Ok, so I planned on eating 3 oz baby carrots and 2 tbsp of the Oikos French Onion yogurt dip as part of my afternoon snack this week but, as it turns out, I just can't do it. I got organic carrots thinking they'd taste just like any other baby carrots, but I must've gotten a bad batch because they're dry and have an odd texture. Also, the dip is pretty gross and I can't put my finger on why.

So, I was looking for something else to put in its place. I can't stand the taste of regular Greek yogurt, but the protein content is SO tempting, so I keep searching for one I like. I've tried Chobani vanilla Greek yogurt and found it just as bitter as the plain stuff. I love regular sugar-filled yogurt, so I'm hoping there's a Greek version that tastes a bit like that.

I found Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt at Walmart and looked up reviews - it said that it's more sweet than sour (and got a bad review because of that - huh?). Only 80 calories and 12 g of protein per serving! Has anyone tried this? How is it?

Replies

• agalassie
    agalassie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It's pretty good for a low calorie greek yogurt, however I did notice a weird after taste that I eventually got used to. I can't comment on the amount of sugar, since when I was eating it I didn't pay attention, but I'd glance at that to see how much it has and if it is worth it.
  • smitty031
    smitty031 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Dannon's Light and Fit greek yogurt is, for me, incredibly satisfying. Its unctuous and hits the snack spot pretty well.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    It's the only yogurt I eat, but, admittedly, I'm no yogurt connoisseur - I'm not the biggest yogurt fan on the planet (it's a texture thing, rather than a flavor thing), but with the nutrition profile (most types have 80 calories, 12g protein, and 8g carbs), plus since it's relatively filling, it makes a really good afternoon snack option for me. A tablespoon or two of Kind granola finishes things off for me very well (and then I don't mind the texture as much). It is artificially sweetened, so if that's something you choose to avoid, then it might not be your best option.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    It has a weird artificial taste I can't stand, personally. I really wanted to love it, but no luck.
  • KristyMayhem331
    KristyMayhem331 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love it. I have tried the blueberry, strawberry, and raspberry and all were delicious. I have also tried other brands and have not been a fan or been as satisfied. Definitely give it a try.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I love it, and the Key Lime is my absolute favorite flavor.
  • McKenzieLeigh
    McKenzieLeigh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I eat it every morning for breakfast. The cherry is my favorite, but I also eat strawberry, blueberry and raspberry. The pineapple was not good to me.
    It is extremely filling!!
  • MelsFitLife
    MelsFitLife Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I eat the Dannon diabetic friendly. Little carbs, sugar, or fat. Plus I love the taste. It comes in vanilla and strawberry.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    They have a chocolate raspberry one that I really like. This is the first chocolate yogurt I have actually liked. I put unsweetened coconut, raw sliced almonds and chia seeds in mine. I had it for breakfast this morning.
  • Divashrink1982
    Divashrink1982 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's decent. I like the Dannon Oikos, Yoplait, and Stonyfield a little better than the Dannon Light & Fit only because the former three have less of an aftertaste to me. But, for 80 calories and 12 g protein, it's hard to beat. I like the Dannon Light & Fit way better than the Chobani. My new favorite is Yoplait's 100 cal Greek apple pie. It's pretty awesome.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I usually eat the store brand vanilla greek. It was bitter at first, but I got used to it. I tried the coconut vanilla light and fit, and it was WAY too sweet for me (now that I'm more used to the bitter stuff). I'm guessing you'd probably like it. I also picked up some walmart brand vanilla since I was there, which is also super sweet, but it has 40 more calories per serving and way more sugar.
  • shannonshay1
    shannonshay1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I also like eating hummus with carrots.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I really like it - it is definitely sweet, though. I've tried various store brands, Fage, Chobani, Simply Natural (or something similar) and settled on this stuff. I like the fruit ones -- I've tried Peach, Strawberry, Blueberry, and Pineapple and like them all.
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I love it. I tried many Greek yogurts and Dannon light and fit is definitely one of my faves...but Yoplait 100 is my Greek yogurt of choice.
  • fificrazy
    fificrazy Posts: 234
    Options
    It's kind of creepy yogurt. It dries into a white chalk on your spoon (or anything you spill it on, if you're me) and has a very strong fake sugar taste and smell. While you're eating it, yeah, it's alright. But when you're finished, it's like... ew what did I just eat...

Oh, and it's nothing like regular Greek yogurt- I think they just put in a larger cup and labeled it Greek so it would make it sell better.
  • mckat08
    mckat08 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This is the only Greek Yogurt that I can eat. I have 1/2 a cup every morning with a tablespoon of ground flaxseed and it is delicious. I prefer the Vanilla flavor and LOVE it. It is really worth giving it a try. :bigsmile:
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    It's my daily sweet treat. I love it!!
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    It's the only yogurt I eat, but, admittedly, I'm no yogurt connoisseur - I'm not the biggest yogurt fan on the planet (it's a texture thing, rather than a flavor thing), but with the nutrition profile (most types have 80 calories, 12g protein, and 8g carbs), plus since it's relatively filling, it makes a really good afternoon snack option for me. A tablespoon or two of Kind granola finishes things off for me very well (and then I don't mind the texture as much). It is artificially sweetened, so if that's something you choose to avoid, then it might not be your best option.
    I agree with this completely. I don't like most any other yogurt, but I love the Light & Fit Greek. I actually just had a strawberry one this afternoon for a snack. It's sweeter than what I've had in other Greek yogurts. It doesn't have the sour, Greek flavor. My lunch today was a small salad that was less than 100 calories, so I was pretty hungry. I had a Greek yogurt at 3:00, went for a run about 5:30, and I'm just now hungry again for dinner at 7:00, so for me at least, it's nice and filling.
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    It's amazing and the only one my body can tolerate. They have new chocolate ones that are GREAT! and the coconut one very good. By far vanilla my favorite. A little thick for me, but I just add water and stir :)
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I love the stuff! Eat a serving every day.

I put a half serving of Kashi Honey Flax cereal on top, it's a perfect combination taste-wise, and awesome for macros (the Kashi adds protein and fiber, plus crunchy)