Ive hit a wall need advice and honesty

Options
Hi everyone

well it all started so well, im 13lbs down and have not gained that back which is progress as I was a yo-yoer but since logging weighing and owning it ive done great until now.....

Ive hit a wall I don't work out a lot but I do some at home, I rarely go over my goal, ive started to look at sugar and sodium and water intake too im stuck at 73kg

I used to do weights not heavy lifting just 3kg and do 20 mins a day but then I took up cardio and forgot all about it would that help? Im done having children now and this is the lightest ive been in years and so for that im proud but I still feel fat and maybe I should focus on toning and forget the weight loss?

any help really appreciated

Replies

• Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Your diary has some weights but also a lot of generic entries and a lot of cups and spoons. Unfortunately when you start getting closer to your goals it becomes CRITICAL to be as accurate as possible. For myself, the difference between losing .5 / week and not losing it is the equivalent of having 1 glass of milk /day. It's EASY to do.. a bite here, a taste there, an extra 20 grams of a dense calorie food (like steaks) forgetting to log my cooking fats/sprays. things like that. Looking at your diary I will guess that you are not being as accurate as you will need to be to drop the last 10-15 lbs. It's a pita, I know exactly what you are going through because I have been fighting with the last 10 - 15 lbs for almost a year.

Don't give up - just get accurate and you will see the weight will move again. Also remember that if you haven't reduced your intake as you have been losing you may be eating too much to begin with - that's been one of the hardest things for me to deal with.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    How long have you been stuck for?
    Once I was "stuck" for almost six weeks. I decided to call it "practicing maintenance" and just continued on as I always had . It was near the end of my weight loss, and I ended up going under my goal weight because I lost a lot all at once after my plateau.
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist said to keep things different, not go too low in calories as the metabolism suffers. She said if you go all out too soon, plateus happen. I'd say to mix things up sp your body stays challenged.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your responses ok going to be more vigilant with measuring and weighing is my first thing, I have changed my goal a few times and increased it as wasn't losing so will try measuring and weighing more accurately and see if that changes anything and will weigh in 6 weeks , if that doesn't improve things I will lower my goal and see if that helps and try and drink my 8 glasses of water.
    I guess as im getting nearer to goal I need to work harder and so going to stop the sugary treats too.