Hello from the Chicago suburbs

Options
Hello. My name is Erienne and I am 23 years old. In the fall of 2012 I had joined mfp and got a lot of use out of it, losing sixty pounds in about a year. However, I tend to be obsessive in nature. Calorie counting was doing crazy things to my head and I was getting very unhealthy and insane with it.

For example, I am nearly six feet tall. When I'm in better shape, I carry a lot of muscle and I like to lift. And yet, I would try to undereat by hundreds of calories a day just because if I didn't I started to have panic attacks. I was netting something like 1000 calories a day because I liked seeing the green numbers on the screen.

So I stopped. But stopping the counting made me slack on everything and now I find myself back here. I'm motivated and ready, partially due to some situations in my life currently, I'm just a bit hesitent to truly start counting again. I'm using it more as a guideline this time, but I could use some help. The community aspect is what really helped me the last time I was here. Forcing myself to do a weekly blog check in, writing out goals, etc. for people to see really kept me in line.

I don't want to focus on the scale this time. Or the numbers, necessarily. I just want to start writing down what I'm doing so I can be more conscious. So I can get back on track. Make sense?