hot recipes

audnjess27
audnjess27 Posts: 1
edited September 21 in Recipes
Does anyone have any recipes for hot meals, Im tired of eating salad, fruit and tuna, I'm trying to stay away from alot of carbs. Any suggestions???

Replies

• H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Chicken cordon bleu? I usually pound out the chicken, add a slice of ham & a little mozzerella. Bake @ 350 for 20-30min. Yum!
    Or brown rice w/ veggies on top.
    Chicken or beef enchilata's

Just a couple of ideas...Hope it helps :)
  • my husband I are also doing the low carb thing. I know it can be frustrating. Hang in there. We have been doing turkey sausage and saurkraut. It is great in the crock pot. We have also done some research and checked the carbs on some pasta sauces. Some of them you can find with 9g or less of carbs per 1/2c of sauce. We cook chicken breasts in the sauce. Again in the crock pot. and then melt some provolone on top and add some parmasean cheese. It is really good. This works well also for turkey meatballs. We get ours from Aldi's really cheep and 9 meatballs is only 11 carbs. It is a nice treat. Just add some veggies on the side and you are good to go.
    Several people have also suggested using portabello mushrooms and making pizzas out of them. Have not done that yet. But sounds good.
    Good luck!!!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Stuffed bell peppers (I leave out the rice), seared tuna steaks, glazed salmon, baked chicken with spinach and mushrooms, taco salad (ground turkey w/taco seasoning instead of beef and veggies on top of lettuce. No tortillas or chips), baked sweet potatoes, salmon patties, cabbage stew...
  • dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    Peppers and Sausage:

Italian Sausage of your choice
    1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow pepper sliced thin
    1 onion sliced thin.
    pasta sauce to taste.

Cook sausage in skillet, drain off fat. Add veggies and cook until tender and add sauce until heated through. I serve it over brown rice.
  • clean out the fridge soup!

low sodium vegetable broth, all the veggies you have in the fridge (only...make sure they wont taste gross together XD), some of your favorite herbs, a bay leaf or two, let it simmer for about an hour or more and POOF! delicious warm soup! :)
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Have you ever tried spaghetti squash? You replace that instead of pasta. Just bake it in the oven at 350 for 30 min to an hour and scrap the insides of it. You have to gut it to take out the seeds in the middle. Make your sauce as usual but put it over the squash noodles rather than pasta noodles!
  • I just tried this recipe for Chicken Broccoli Divan yesterday and it was sooooo good! Only has 10 carbs per serving and tastes like broccoli chicken alfredo but with way less fat.

Link: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Broccoli-Chicken-Divan/Detail.aspx

I'm not doing low-carb myself, so I don't really know what's allowed and what's not, but how about.... Chili, Broth-based soup, Chicken Parmesan, Grilled Chicken/Lamb/Lean Steak with Veggies, or BBQ Pork.

Also, here's a list of Low Carb recipes from the same site: http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Healthy-Cooking/Low-Carb-Diet/Main.aspx

Good luck! No dieter should have to live on salads alone!
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    epicurious.com has some amazing recipes (i've probably cooked over a dozen of them and haven't been disappointed once!) You can put in your diet need (low carb, low fat, low sodium etc.) and they show you the recipes they have...you can even put in your main ingredient if oyu have something in the fridge that needs to be used up! I use this website at least once a week. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.