What's your plan?

Options
Back in March 2012 I found this wonderful community. I lost nearly 30 pounds using MFP and exercising (Zumba)! July 2012 my husbands hours started to get cut so I felt the need to start looking for employment. Between July and August I fell off the wagon and I fell hard.

Between that time and this February 2014, 20 months to be exact, I gained all the weight back that I lost. :( I was depressed and all I could think about was "weight loss". A lot has changed in my schedule since the weight loss in 2012. I am now a full time student and full time Front Desk person at a hotel, that's not including being a parent and wife.

Long story short, I've let my other priorities be my excuse although I didn't intentionally want them to be my excuse. I let it happen. Being a mom, wife, employee, and student should have been all the more reasons to better myself. But I just went on a 20-month long "sob vacation".

So you're probably asking, "So what's changed?".

Well, I'm no longer leaving room for excuses. If I have time to sit around then I have time to prep my food, log it, and exercise. There is no excuse not to get up and get it done. I remember the times that I would try to get the ball going again, I'd reminisce about how I lost weight before and how I became a failure story. << This does a lot of damage to you!! Do not think about the past times and then use those thoughts negatively.

So my long term goal is to lose 75 pounds (from now). Apparently, that's quite some goal, right! So on my page, I'm tracking what dates I reach every 5-10 pounds. That way I see the pattern that my body is creating. Every month, I create an exercise calendar and I schedule 5-40 minute workouts daily. I also have made another calendar and its called "How was I?" and for everyday that I am at or under my calorie goal and I've exercised what was scheduled, I put a sticker on that date. Even though that may seem juvenile, I think its a great way to see progression as well as keeping track of the patterns that I'm making. I put both calendars in a 3-ring binder and I plan on doing this monthly. And since I am not creative, after April is over with, I plan on joining challenges on here that are for the certain months is coming up. This is a good way to stay active as well as using my cool calendars..

So...

Have you planned out on how you will reach your goals? We are all here because we have some kind of goal in mind. Have you thought out the steps that will get you where you want to go?

What are your goals? What are the "smaller" steps that you're taking to get there? Aside from MFP, how are you tracking your progress?

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest. I enjoyed eating my *kitten* off even though I didn't enjoy gaining the extra pounds. Now, I am focused on the other side of the spectrum. I am having fun and enjoying myself losing weight just as I have gaining it.
  • MagdalenDreams
    Options
    I lost 25lbs in the past, but I lost it by not eating much... That is why I gained 15lbs back. This time around I am exercising, eating a bit healthier, and counting calories. My small goal for everyday is to get 7,500 extra steps in everyday (I only get around 3,000-4,000 from daily activities).
  • ChampCrucial
    ChampCrucial Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My plan is to strength train twice a week and get 45 minutes of cardio 4 times a week. Along with this, I just want to meet my calorie goal even if I have to exercise for another hour at the end of the day. The small steps include getting low calorie options on everyday foods such as meat and milk. The other step is actually starting a workout. When it comes down to it, you meet it or not. If you are ready then meet the goal.

M Strength train am + HIIT cardio
    T Low Intensity cardio 45 min
    W Rest
    T Low intensity cardio 45 minutes
    F Strength train am + HIIT cardio
    S Low intensity 1 and a half hours (usually basketball for longer)

I eat healthy I just binge at night so I eat something that will satisfy me and brush my teeth and floss. That usually keeps me from eating anything else. Hope this helps and if I haven't I am sending a request.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Calorie wise = alternate day fasting. Been working great and easier than I thought.

Then mixing i running and HIIT