Replies

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Kempo Ju Jitsu - UK style:smile:
  • curvymomo3
    curvymomo3 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    that is awesome :D my son did Kenpo for a while at his school once a week. But then his teacher decided to kick him out ( not the Sensei his teacher because he did not finish his work packet :( ) So I decided, I have a wealth of knowledge, I will train them at home! So here we are! They are picking up the basic punches, blocks, kicks quite well! we will move into kata in the near future, and have already started learning basic lapel grabs and wrist grab self defense techniques. I am proud of my babies and want to keep them interested. So I try to make the cardio fun ( bear walk, crab walk, duck walk, goofy foot jumping jacks, races, wheel barrel races etc).
  • curvymomo3
    Options
    Boxing and bjj here. Really want to get into judo, but I cannot find a school.

I know Mexican Judo! Judo no if I got a knife.... Judo no If I got a gun... ( JK lol I actually did learn a little grappling and judo, under Hanshisan.) He always taught us that almost all of street fights end up on the ground so it is important to know how to defend yourself on the ground. we would do back to back ground sparing and it was so fun! I miss actually training in a class, I wish I wasn't so broke! lol
  • cbarn025
    cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I did BJJ for a awhile. Now I'm into Wing Chun. The two pair nicely together.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I have practiced since 1974. Shorin-Ryu, Judo, TKD and a few other styles. Taught TKD from about 1980 to 1990. I no longer teach, but I have built a dojo in my home.
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    HEMA fighter here - historic European martial arts. Used to do mainly broadsword and viking-rules wrestling, now it's Renaissance fencing and I'm training my horse for jousting. Came 4th at the fencing tournament last weekend - only out of 10, but I was the only woman and the three guys who beat me are all at least two ranks above me... Had to give up longsword because my shoulder wouldn't take it.
  • ironrat79
    ironrat79 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing and muay thai for the past year. Have also done some bjj.
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all Kajukenbo Mom here! 14 yr old DS Black Belt, 5 yr old DD earned her Yellow Belt yesterday! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • victal
    victal Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Helllooo!!!

I do Shotokan karate, done it for 4-5 years in total and I'm grading soon so trying to get my head round a new kata. I love it :heart: :love:
    [/quote

That is awesome!!! :D I learned a little Shotokan as well It is pretty similar to Wado actually!

Yeah someone else has said that aswell thats its similar to Wado!
  • victal
    victal Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I would like to have a go at Jui Jitsu but I think its too much grappling for me!!!
  • curvymomo3
    Options
    EPIC! DUDE I love watching 70s martial arts movies!!! Remember Bill Superfoot Wallas?! :D I am working on converting my garage into a mini dojo for my children. I want to get good quality matts and some mirrors and a good hanging bag! For now we have the living room, and soon a kick bag ( hand held) lol.
    I have practiced since 1974. Shorin-Ryu, Judo, TKD and a few other styles. Taught TKD from about 1980 to 1990. I no longer teach, but I have built a dojo in my home.
  • curvymomo3
    Options
    TOO COOL! my hubby and I love love LOVE History and Ren faires, reenactments etc! We are wanting to participate more. Congrats on your placement on fencing! So cool!

HEMA fighter here - historic European martial arts. Used to do mainly broadsword and viking-rules wrestling, now it's Renaissance fencing and I'm training my horse for jousting. Came 4th at the fencing tournament last weekend - only out of 10, but I was the only woman and the three guys who beat me are all at least two ranks above me... Had to give up longsword because my shoulder wouldn't take it.
  • curvymomo3
    Options
    yeah a little up close and personal hahaha! I would train at my Hanshisan's sons dojo but he does all this MMA/Grappling with these HUGE TALL MOUNTAINS of MEN! I don't feel too comfortable to be honest LMAO!!! ( sort little five foot nothing here lol) besides, I prefer the traditional arts more. But have some grappling knowledge.
    I would like to have a go at Jui Jitsu but I think its too much grappling for me!!!
  • mrfreestyle
    mrfreestyle Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I did the the Karate Goju Ryu style many years ago. Only made it to yellow belt though :( Been trying to get back into it. Hopefully I will some day!
  • curvymomo3
    Options
    Hi y'all Kajukenbo Mom here! 14 yr old DS Black Belt, 5 yr old DD earned her Yellow Belt yesterday! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

That is awesome!!!!! congrats to them!!! :D:D:D

Never heard of the art before.. what part of the world is it from?! :D
  • curvymomo3
    Options
    Kickboxing and muay thai for the past year. Have also done some bjj.

Coolies! Muay Thai... does it really do a number on your shin bones? I always wanted to try it but worry about that lol
  • dwm2112
    dwm2112 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Kung fu and aikido. Martial arts rock! Good on you for teaching your kids.
  • Bun_Ya
    Bun_Ya Posts: 174
    Options
    I watch Kung Fu movies. Does that count?

lol YES! whats your favorite one?
    The Prodigal Son

prodigal-son.jpg
  • curvymomo3
    Options
    Kung fu and aikido. Martial arts rock! Good on you for teaching your kids.

Thank you! and YES MARTIAL ARTS ROCK!!!! :D I have always wanted to try Kung Fu!
  • MysteriousLdy
    MysteriousLdy Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    My man and me, we were both karate practitioner. Too bad I reached low level ranking only ,15 yrs ago,but my man is a black belt karate sensei,he used to teach group of ladies student to do karate stances..Unfortunately nowadays we got no time to do that anymore.