Personal Chef Here! Ask Me Anything!

Options

Replies

• kayerobinson
    Options
    I enjoy making my own vegetable juice. I typically add a fruit for an addrd touch of sweetness, but the rest of the ingredients are vegetables. I love this drink & try to have a 12 oz glass each morning for breakfast. When I entered this beverage using the calorie calculator, it came up as a 328 calorie drink. Can this be correct? The veggie drink is delicious, but not something that will satisfy me until lunchtime. Is there a veggie combination that will result in fewer calories without sacrificing the flavor? I will appreciate your insight.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Train A leaves the station at 1:38 PM and travels at 45 MPH.

Train B leaves at 1:45 PM and travels at 48 MPH.

How long will it take train B to pass train A?
    2 hours, 20 minutes, and one second, assuming they both left the station at precisely 0 seconds?
    I get 3:30 PM, which would be 1 hour 45 minutes from when B started.

(With them each having gone 84 miles.)

I get 3 minutes because the question is how long will it take train A to pass train B and assuming these are North America trains of standard size it takes a max of three minutes for two train to pass each other. The question was not at what time nor after how much travel time. :drinker:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

2 hours, 20 minutes, and one second, assuming they both left the station at precisely 0 seconds?

I get 3 minutes because the question is how long will it take train A to pass train B and assuming these are North America trains of standard size it takes a max of three minutes for two train to pass each other. The question was not at what time nor after how much travel time. :drinker:

the question also did not specify that train B is leaving the same station as train A.

so it's this
    Thomas-the-Tank-Engine.jpg
    versus this
    280px-TooManyFireEngines67.png
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options

the question also did not specify that train B is leaving the same station as train A.

I don't know I'm an ESL kid, I get a pass surfing my privilege.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

lol. kowabunga

another real world possibility is that even if they leave the same station at the same time, how do we know one train doesn't have a destination that will be reached before the passing can take place.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    bump
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options

lol. kowabunga

another real world possibility is that even if they leave the same station at the same time, how do we know one train doesn't have a destination that will be reached before the passing can take place.

They are German trains. They are on strike this week.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Here's a challenge, I have food intolerances-
    Fructans onion garlic and mushrooms
    Fructose - fruit sugar also in many vegetables like snow peas beetroot sweet potato celery asparagus avocado etc
    Gos - beans and legumes except canned lentils
    Dairy and wheat pistachios and cashews are also out.
    I was (previous to my relatively recent diagnosis) an ethical vegan, and still am
    What would you make for me?:smile:
  • mercina22
    mercina22 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    :noway: :drinker:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Here's a challenge, I have food intolerances-
    Fructans onion garlic and mushrooms
    Fructose - fruit sugar also in many vegetables like snow peas beetroot sweet potato celery asparagus avocado etc
    Gos - beans and legumes except canned lentils
    Dairy and wheat pistachios and cashews are also out.
    I was (previous to my relatively recent diagnosis) an ethical vegan, and still am
    What would you make for me?:smile:

IN for the answer to this one.

OP has certainly shown that he is knowledgeable and a pretty cool guy so far and can roll with some lighthearted humor so I am certainly interested in his answer to this serious dilemma presented as a professional challenge. I think he's up to the task. I'll put 5 dollars on it. (virtual dollars that is).
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I am always looking for high protein-low fat meals and snacks that are delicious. I don't do 'diet foods' and prefer natural ingredients. What are your favorites?
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Last night I was making COd on the grill I put olive oil on the steaks (cod steaks) and they stuck and fell apart. What can I do to avoid this? Also, what can I do to add more "flavor" (marinade?)
  • dodochoga
    dodochoga Posts: 33
    Options
    Is it possible to get the bbq taste and texture without having a bbq? I have a conventional oven with grill function and sometimes I feel like making home made kebobs and I don't own a bbq grill, is it possible for me to do so?
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • clauds2211
    clauds2211 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd like to start preparing my work lunches on Sunday evening, making a batch for the whole week, as you mentioned you do for one of your clients.

I've been looking at a few options and quite like the idea of doing a salad with quinoa and chicken breast as I'm trying to up my protein intake.

What would you recommend that would be easy to prep, last well in the fridge and make enough for 5 meals at about 300 calories?
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    hello,

Thanks so much for this! I'm currently hooked on a ready-made ranchero chicken soup and would like to make my own lower salt (am assumng that ready-made is packed with the stuff) and cheaper version. No issues with regards to carbs/gluten etc (although low calorie would be a win for me) but I have an "English palette" (i.e. bit pathetic) when it comes to spices! :laugh:

thanks again,

S
  • cclarkcts
    cclarkcts Posts: 97
    Options
    Bump for later
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    bump...can't wait to come back after work! :smile:
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm a really good cook but for the life of me I can't make an omelet (even in a non stick pan) without it sticking and/or breaking it. Do you have any tips or tricks?
  • natty1408
    natty1408 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Bump : D