Seeing changes after starting yoga?

Options
BioQueen
BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
Hello!

How soon after you started doing yoga did you notice changes in your flexibility/strength/body composition? I've just recently started and I LOVE it. I did it a bit in college but its an exercise that I can see myself sticking to.

How did doing yoga effect your body?

Thanks!

Replies

• sshintaku
    sshintaku Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Depending on how regularly I go, between 3-4 weeks I notice a change in my endurance and flexibility. Around 2 months, I really notice a visible, physical difference. It's one of the few things that helps my thighs tone, and overall, I just feel better. I also tend to get headaches when I don't practice, but with regular practice, headaches are minimal.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I would say a couple of months as well. Depends how often you go.
  • swsays
    swsays Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I noticed a change in my SANITY almost immediately. Yoga class got easier, in terms of being able to follow along and understand what was happening, within a few classes. Within a month I started noticing that certain things were easier and I could hold certain poses longer. After a few months of regular attendance, I felt my flexibility and endurance improved a ton. Now I am at the six month mark and realized on Sunday how far my core strength has come since I started - it is amazing! But I can't emphasize enough how much calmer and more peaceful I feel on the inside - that is the true miracle of yoga for me.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for years, and I just keep getting more wrinkles. I don't think it is working.
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    First I want to say I so TOTALLY agree with 'swsays'... doing yoga almost immediately helped me feel calmer and so peaceful - mentally it has helped so much.... and yoga keeps me breathing better, standing straight - helping my balance (I am 68!!) and the flexibility has definately improved....love love love my yoga/mediation routine....don't like starting my day without it!

:flowerforyou: :smile:
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    I made me feel more calm, happy, and made my back pain better by alot. I saw results the same day when it comes to those things, but for weight loss about a week. I do DDP Yoga so it is more hardcore than typical yoga =) i recommend it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!