cheap HRM

Options
Can any1 recommend a cheapish but good HRM. I dont want to pay over the odds for something I could get slightly cheaper. There's so many to choose from I feel a bit lost.

Helllpppp!!!!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Polar ft4 is the one I have. I never actually use it though, but if you're going to get one it is easy to use and fairly inexpensive. Be sure whatever you get it has a chest strap. Cheapest isn't always best if it isn't accurate.
  • RomulanWarbird
    Options
    Polar ft4 is the one I have. I never actually use it though, but if you're going to get one it is easy to use and fairly inexpensive. Be sure whatever you get it has a chest strap. Cheapest isn't always best if it isn't accurate.

This is also the one I use. It was about 100 bucks and that's cheap for a good one. Cheaper ones had terrible reviews and were apparently inaccurate or completely sucked. The ft4 has been good to me, though.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Keep saving your pennies, read the features of HRMs and then buy. Polar makes great HRMs. FT4 and 7 is OK if you want to be really stingy but I wouldn't recommend. I would spend an extra $20 and buy the FT40 or another model around that range.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Timex Easy Trainer can be had for less than $50
  • thegilly6
    thegilly6 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Sigma on Amazon. Stop watch and HRM, $40.
  • ShreddingIt_84
    Options
    Polar Ft4 was $65 wen i bought it this month from Amazon, in best buy its $89.99!
  • dickrocketjones
    dickrocketjones Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    buy the one with the options you'll use. last time I bought one had a lot of **** on it, but I never used them.
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Polar Ft4 was $65 wen i bought it this month from Amazon, in best buy its $89.99!

I got mine for under $60 on amazon a few weeks ago. It works pretty well and I have no complaints. I'm only interest in calories burned for accuracy vs. using mfp's estimates. I also like that it beeps if you aren't "in the zone."

Having the numbers displayed helps me to push harder and faster on my runs. I love it so far, although my wrists are tiny and the watch can be bothersome sometimes.
  • thefatveganchef
    thefatveganchef Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin Soft Strap Premium Heart Rate Monitor. (~$70USD) It connects to my cell phone using Ant+ and I use the Garmin ifit to track my heart rate while walking. This connects to everymove which then connects to mfp / fitbit with my measurements and activity..
  • Dukesjourney
    Dukesjourney Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    This is great guys. Its given me a good starting point. Thank u
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Mine is part of my Garmin but when deciding where to save money and what features you want, you may want to check out this link
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472
  • syl312
    syl312 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I recently purchased a POLAR F7 for $47 on Amazon!. :) going to use it tonight for the 1st time.. hope it's accurate