So what's really holding you back?

Options
2»

Replies

• hitsnooze
    hitsnooze Posts: 79
    Options
    hmmm nothing at the moment because i've relaxed a little

but usually my frustration and impatience of not seeing the numbers drop RIGHT NOW THIS SECOND THIS MINUTE, holds me back because if it doesn't work straight away, i drop it and start eating next to nothing

this time i'm taking it slow
  • margelizard
    margelizard Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My attitude toward myself is definitely most of what holds me back. I have a lot of self doubt. I am very hard on myself and set standards that are ridiculously high then berate myself when I don't reach them. Then I self doubt more.

Although I beat myself up, I am making crazy good progress. My weight loss is slowing down, but I'm getting better at accepting it and understanding that it's a result of what I'm doing that is causing it. That, in turn, allows me to understand myself better and work toward small, achievable goals.

Right now I am super motivated to workout and eat healthier since I want to beat 147lbs by May 6th (the date I move back to Scotland!) :)
  • Moun10Top
    Options
    My love of eating out, drinking a margarita or a side car on Fridays and Saturday nights, and the thrill of eating dessert. It would help if I had someone to work out with. I've tried to get friends to join the local gym with me, but alas, I am on my own in this struggle and must take action and hold myself accountable. I work out at home now on a mini trampoline, and I'm renewing my efforts to eat and drink less of what I love.