filling foods

Options
what foods tend to fill you up fast.
the only thing i have is pickles, does anyone have any other ideas?

Replies

• crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    the only thing that ever truly fills me up is oatmeal, everything else kind of fills me up for like 1 hour and goes away. i could eat a bowl of oatmeal and feel full for hours
  • Snarkist
    Snarkist Posts: 37
    Options
    i like potatoes
  • momxs2
    momxs2 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on a fiber one English muffin and sliced bananas :)))
  • EmbraceTheDarkSide
    EmbraceTheDarkSide Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    You want to eat low calorie-high bulk foods (i.e. veggies). These will fill you up without adding too many calories to your daily tally. You should also get LEAN proteins into your diet. Proteins encourage the brain to produce norepinephrine and dopamine which improves your alertness and makes you feel more satisfied. The combination of the two will fill you up, maintain muscle mass, and reduce your cravings.
  • crys_aintgivingup
    crys_aintgivingup Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread, definitely need some tips as well! I find that rice can make me full for hours on end. But it's definitely not a good choice for a moderate carb diet :(
  • drocknoel
    drocknoel Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have this problem sometimes too! My usual breakfast includes 4 scrambled eggs, a chicken breast, and two slices of toast or 1 bagel. It holds me over for maybe 2 hours and then I'm starving again!
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal
    They sell frozen cooked squash in frozen vegetable section (butternut squash) about 120-160 cals and completely filling
    Beans of any kind
    Grits
    Peanut butter
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options
    Peanut butter, avocado, and cheese keep me full for hours.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    i like potatoes

Solid effort.
  • sabbyfairy
    sabbyfairy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter sandwich with rice cakes instead of bread. I can never finish it in one sitting.
    Greek yogurt (Chobani Flips, especially)
    Baby carrots
    Mixed green salads (lettuces + kale + spinach + cucumber slices + vinaigrette)
    Pitas and hummus
    I hear bread pudding works amazingly if you drink two glasses of water beforehand, but I haven't tried it myself.
  • i like potatoes

Who doesn't?