newbie here!

Options
hey I'm new to myfitnesspal!! Any advice for the website is appreciated!!

Replies

• kiekokay
    kiekokay Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Use the app for an iphone/ipod if you have one! Its a great way to keep on track and not forget to add something because you have to wait to get to your computer.
    Otherwise, I don't know! Im new here too, so I would love to hear other suggestions... :)
    Ive been told that forming a community of friends on here is helpful, thoughts on that?!
  • kblamo
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new, too, we can figure this out together!:flowerforyou:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Use the recipe tool! You put in the ingredients of whatever dish you prepare and it breaks down the calories, fat, etc - it is SO helpful and will make you much more aware of your portion size, too.

Good luck! I've been tracking for about 2 weeks and am already down 9 lbs - this website is GREAT!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    this is a great site. Make sure you track your food and exercise daily and come here for support. You can do it
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I recommend you be consistent first - track everything every day. Also be honest as you track everything every day. If you think you can't be honest by having all view your food diary, then don't make your food diary visible to everyone (some people are ashamed of how much they eat, what they eat, how much they don't exercise, etc and so will sometimes not log the "reality" of what they are doing). Remember to eat healthy and exercise - you will be successful if you follow through.

Vickie
  • shannie_134
    Options
    I have been on here for about 3 weeks,have found daily logging of food exercise has help,I weigh/measure once a week.
    Have added friends which has been great for dinner ideas if you can see their diary.You can become invoved as much or as little as you want
    Good luck and enjoy:wink: